DC Extended Universe

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

NetflixAndClone

Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey
Dwayne Johnson has already been cast as Black Adam for years now. WB is actively trying to get a Shazam! movie made, but they are having so much trouble with the DCEU as it is that they are trying to get Black Adam involved in other movies first. Dwayne Johnson recently either posted something on twitter or was quoted in an interview as saying he wants Armie Hammer to play Shazam. My guess is that there is a problem with how WB can market Captain Marvel/Shazam, since Marvel has their own Carol Danver's Captain Marvel movie in pre-production and coming out in 2019.
In the newest comics they changed Captain Marvel to Shazam now so I don't know if that should be a hiccup for marketing anymore. The only issue I see with it though is whenever Shazam introduces himself will the trigger word set off the light bolt. :D

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Shazam is interesting because his rights are actually owned by New Line Cinema, which is owned by Warner Bros. Therefore, they will be the ones producing the futures Shazam movie, not Warner Bros. However, it is widely believed based on many people's talking that it will still take place in the DCEU. With that said, yes, The Rock has been cast as Black Adam for years now and based on talking, it seems there will actually be a Black Adam movie prior to a Shazam movie where essentially the villain gets introduced first. Then, just recently, you are right that The Rock has hinted that now the Black Adam will actually initially appear in some movie even prior to his own movie, but he is keeping which movie that is a secret. Anyway, all this just adds to the rumor production mill that is WB, where they announce a bazillion future movies with no timelines, then struggle to get productions even started, and then as a reaction to everything, constantly change what direction they are heading and what they want to do. Thus, we always have to take ALL these future movies with a grain of salt because you never know when WB will change their mind. Shoot, for all the movies they have announced, with every day that passes, the likelihood of us even seeing two DCEU movies in 2018 is slim. Literally, the only movies that are in production right now are Wonder Woman, Justice League, and Aquaman. The others they can't get off the ground.

Last edited:

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
So this is tragic:
Zack Snyder and his wife Deborah Snyder are leaving production of Justice League. The movie is still on pace to be released this November. Apparently Zack's 20 year old daughter committed suicide back in March and this is the first time they are commenting about it in public. That is heart-breaking to hear.

Joss Whedon will be taking over post-production responsibilities,and possibly directing any reshoots, of Justice League.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/05/2...ter-family-tragedy-joss-whedon-to-finish-film

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
So this is tragic:
Zack Snyder and his wife Deborah Snyder are leaving production of Justice League. The movie is still on pace to be released this November. Apparently Zack's 20 year old daughter committed suicide back in March and this is the first time they are commenting about it in public. That is heart-breaking to hear.

Joss Whedon will be taking over post-production responsibilities,and possibly directing any reshoots, of Justice League.

http://m.ign.com/articles/2017/05/2...ter-family-tragedy-joss-whedon-to-finish-film

So tragic to hear. Thoughts and prayers to the entire Snyder family. Totally understand him stepping aside and great choice by having whedon wrap things up. As a parent myself, I can only imagine what Zack is going through.

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Thats really too bad. Hate to hear that. Perhaps he will take some indefinite time off. I would imagine this is so very hard on his family and creating movies is a 24x7 business away from them. Couldnt imagine losing a child, would shatter my world.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
(Not DCEU related)

FYI... I've started watching Riverdale on Netflix lately (3 episodes watched so far) and I've got to admit it kind of has me hooked and intrigued. Definitely not what one might expect from an Archie TV series, as it is definitely a lot more modernized, racy, and dramatized than the comic strip. In fact, if I had to describe it, I'd call it a bit of a racy, coming-of-age teen mystery crime drama. Definitely not for everyone and while, it isn't what I typically watch, or what I'd brag to something I watch, I can't help but admit it has me hooked. I guess everyone has their own guilty pleasure. Regardless, if that description interests any of you, I'd probably recommend it. It is also worth noting that this series is produced by Greg Berlanti, who is the creative mind behind the whole Arrowverse shows.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
http://io9.gizmodo.com/turns-out-joss-whedon-has-been-working-on-justice-leagu-1795582589

"We were all saddened to learn that Justice League director Zack Snyder and producer Deborah Snyder were stepping down from the film after a tragic death in their family. Joss Whedon agreed to take over the film—partially because, as it turns out, he was already working on it.
In an interview with Variety at the LA premiere of Wonder Woman, producer Charles Roven confirmed that Whedon was already involved in the post-production of Justice League before agreeing to take over for Snyder. It looks like Whedon was brought on for photography and direction for a few re-shoots, but other reports suggest he’s been doing some writing for those scenes as well, sharpening some of Snyder’s dialogue."

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
http://io9.gizmodo.com/turns-out-joss-whedon-has-been-working-on-justice-leagu-1795582589

"We were all saddened to learn that Justice League director Zack Snyder and producer Deborah Snyder were stepping down from the film after a tragic death in their family. Joss Whedon agreed to take over the film—partially because, as it turns out, he was already working on it.
In an interview with Variety at the LA premiere of Wonder Woman, producer Charles Roven confirmed that Whedon was already involved in the post-production of Justice League before agreeing to take over for Snyder. It looks like Whedon was brought on for photography and direction for a few re-shoots, but other reports suggest he’s been doing some writing for those scenes as well, sharpening some of Snyder’s dialogue.
"

In the end, things just luckily fell into place well to keep the train rolling in Snyder's absence. Isn't always that way, but thankful it is in this case.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Read USA Today Wonder Woman review:

Boiled down to:

First two thirds-really good
Last third-CGI crapfest

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Reactions: CloniesForLife

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Super stoked for the good critical response so far. This morning, we are currently sitting at a 96% liked score on rotten tomatoes, and even more importantly, a 7.9/10 rating on there:

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/wonder_woman_2017/

What I mean by a 7.9 score being more important is that is actually a REALLY good score. For comparison sake, the only MCU movie right now with a higher score than that is The Avengers. Granted, I can almost guarantee that overall score falls as more reviews comes in. With these types of movies, it pretty much always does. However, I'd be surprised if it drops more than probably 3 pointsish, which still would put it in line with all the upper-tier MCU movies.

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Super stoked for the good critical response so far. This morning, we are currently sitting at a 96% liked score on rotten tomatoes, and even more importantly, a 7.9/10 rating on there:

What I mean by a 7.9 score being more important is that is actually a REALLY good score. For comparison sake, the only MCU movie right now with a higher score than that is The Avengers. Granted, I can almost guarantee that overall score falls as more reviews comes in. With these types of movies, it pretty much always does. However, I'd be surprised if it drops more than probably 3 pointsish, which still would put it in line with all the upper-tier MCU movies.

I would be curious to see a review that compares Wonder Woman to other comicbook films, such as the MCU or X-Men movies. I'm almost wondering if the initial reviews are so glowing because it's being compared to the rest of the DCEU, and those installments are not the greatest. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited to see it - I just don't want to be over-sold on the hype.

I thought Ant-Man had way too many favorable reviews when it was released and that film, while enjoyable, didn't meet my initial expectations the first time I watched it.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I would be curious to see a review that compares Wonder Woman to other comicbook films, such as the MCU or X-Men movies. I'm almost wondering if the initial reviews are so glowing because it's being compared to the rest of the DCEU, and those installments are not the greatest. Don't get me wrong, I am very excited to see it - I just don't want to be over-sold on the hype.

I thought Ant-Man had way too many favorable reviews when it was released and that film, while enjoyable, didn't meet my initial expectations the first time I watched it.

Even though I really enjoyed Ant-Man, I totally get why some people were a bit under-whelmed. Shoot, even us that got a kick out of it will fully admit it is hardly a world-beater film, and even the Rotten Tomatoes score shows that. Ant-Man is one which shows a 81% fresh score (deceptive), which is solid, but only a 6.8/10 overall score. Therefore, when you see that type of scoring between the two, what I take away is that the majority of the people liked it more than they disliked it. However, when they have to rank how much they liked it, it wasn't like super high.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Already dropped to 7.8 rating.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
(Not DCEU related)

FYI... I've started watching Riverdale on Netflix lately (3 episodes watched so far) and I've got to admit it kind of has me hooked and intrigued. Definitely not what one might expect from an Archie TV series, as it is definitely a lot more modernized, racy, and dramatized than the comic strip. In fact, if I had to describe it, I'd call it a bit of a racy, coming-of-age teen mystery crime drama. Definitely not for everyone and while, it isn't what I typically watch, or what I'd brag to something I watch, I can't help but admit it has me hooked. I guess everyone has their own guilty pleasure. Regardless, if that description interests any of you, I'd probably recommend it. It is also worth noting that this series is produced by Greg Berlanti, who is the creative mind behind the whole Arrowverse shows.

So, I officially finished Riverdale on Netflix last night. Yep, I'll be the first to admit that Archie, Bettie, Veronica, Jughead and the rest of his band of misfits officially won me over. I truthfully had a lot of fun, and this might even be the first TV series in a while where I actually felt that strong binging crave where I just want to keep rolling. Anymore, I've watched enough TV series where I can usually handle watching one/night, and not feel much of a need for more. With that said, if you are looking for a bit of a John Hughes, coming of age murder mystery where it pretty much tempts you into anyone being the potential killer, this is your show. Shoot, the show even hooks up Luke Perry and Molly Ringwald as Archie's mom and dad. Don't get more throwback coming of age than that.

P.S... this show actually even got me into liking that Cole Sprouse kid again. Yes, one of the cute twins from Big Daddy, only to later become one of the annoying little Suite Life of Zack and Cody kids. That kid is Jughead in the show. Probably wouldn't even know if I didn't tell you. I thought he was great in the role.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Already dropped to 7.8 rating.

Now, Wonder Woman has dropped to a 92% liked 7.6 rating. Again, this gradual drop is very normal. Maybe I see it still falling a point or two, but with probably 1/3 of the total ratings for it out so far, it probably won't fall a ton. Still, at 7.6, when comparing to the MCU, that only puts Iron Man, Guardians of the Galaxy, and The Avengers as a little ahead of it. A 7.6 is even with Civil War and The Winter Soldier now.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
So, just got back from seeing Wonder Woman, and wow. I can't help from posting a quick reaction. Talk about a great fun movie. This movie has been getting great reviews and it deserves every one of them. It's reviews would even put it in that top tier of superhero movie's, and it's because it deserves to be. The movie is inspiring. It has heart, charisma, humor, and amazing action. It is also amazingly directed by Patty Jenkins. Two thumbs up and please go out and see.