Boren Won't Shut His Mouth

Cat Stevens

Mar 7, 2017
Don't mind Tornado Man, he'd love to blow ISU athletics into nuclear winter just so we can say we told UT to "f<ck off". It's weird.

Plus, after the JP haters, he'd be the first in line to complain about pollard, and whoever the president is, not doing enough.

It's a weird mindset. Demanding a result, yet wanting to discard the very thing that ensures its continuation.

Reactions: isutrevman

CyBobby

Oct 18, 2006
Central Iowa
Oklahoma wants 12 teams. I don't blame them.

Having read his comments. This doesn't seem to be much of a story.

Luckily everyone is stuck for 8 more years and by then the Market will determine what the fate of the Big 12 is.

By then an awful lot of schools are going to be tired of playing cream puff division teams and no marquee games.

The problem with a 12 team leagues is and always has been thee univ. of texass.......as long as their is a Longhorn Network there will never been a 12 team league......Its always Texas lookin' out for nobody but themselves......The Horns are the reason that Nebraska...Mizzou and A & M left for greener pastures.....

The day will come imho when thee Okies say enough is enough of the shorthorns and move onto the SEC or Big 10...and I wouldnt blame them for doing so..

Gorm

With any luck we will be there by Tuesday.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 6, 2010
Cedar Rapids, IA
I honestly think Texas would rather have full equal T3 rights in the Big 12 than another other conference.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
  • Winner

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
  • Agree

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
The problem with a 12 team leagues is and always has been thee univ. of texass.......as long as their is a Longhorn Network there will never been a 12 team league......Its always Texas lookin' out for nobody but themselves......The Horns are the reason that Nebraska...Mizzou and A & M left for greener pastures.....

The day will come imho when thee Okies say enough is enough of the shorthorns and move onto the SEC or Big 10...and I wouldnt blame them for doing so..

BS on the underlined. NU, aggy and Zero U were always in Texas' corner on voting against a B12 conference network before the LHN contract.

I do agree that Zero U is looking at options in advance of GOR expiration as is everyone else in the B12.

• Agree

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA

Yes, the day will indeed come when the Sooners - by far the Big 12's flagship sports school - will say they've had their fill of Texas, just as Neb, Mizzou, and A&M have done. And the schools that acquiesced to the Longhorns and let them have their LHN just to stay will be left with nowhere to go.

surly

May 16, 2013
reservation lake, mn
Yes, the day will indeed come when the Sooners - by far the Big 12's flagship sports school - will say they've had their fill of Texas, just as Neb, Mizzou, and A&M have done. And the schools that acquiesced to the Longhorns and let them have their LHN just to stay will be left with nowhere to go.
Exactly how would you cure the LHN lesion?

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Exactly how would you cure the LHN lesion?

Tornado Man is also misguided on a key point. NU and aggy were in the same corner as Texas relative to monetizing individual T3 networks but when ESPN offered the big dollars to Texas for LHN and NU/aggy could not get close to the same deals, they bolted like pussies.

The only way the "LHN lesion" get addressed in the near-term is by ESPN initiating a settlement with Texas to terminate the LHN contract. I don't see Texas initiating a settlement that would jeopardize a guaranteed annual revenue stream of ~$15M/yr through like 2032.

I am assuming that ESPN will try to somehow morph LHN/Texas into their ACC Network and at that point Texas will have decision to make. Be an extreme geographic outlier in the ACC and fully invested with ESPN or cash out on the LHN/ESPN deal, invest that money into equity with the PACN (The SEC and B10 are not options for the Texas), and partner with other B12 schools on a merger/alliance with the P12. If they choose the P12 route. The question then becomes how many B12 schools does Texas and the P12 want to partner with and whether OU wants to be included.

Last edited:

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Why wouldn't Texas just want to keep the LHN when ESPN terminates the deal? They would surely have a good amount of infrastructure and then they could market it across the world and stream to their large fan base. I don't see them going backwards and giving up control to other schools, especially some new conference.

Al_4_State

Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
Driftless Region
Visit site
Don't mind Tornado Man, he'd love to blow ISU athletics into nuclear winter just so we can say we told UT to "f<ck off". It's weird.

He's been on this bent for years. He wants impossible things in regards to conference relations and seems willing to send ISU to it's death to prove a point.

I'm not sure if he's a closet NU or Aggy fan, but the level of hatred for Texas and blindness he carries regarding the culpability of those schools suggests that kind of bias.

I just want what's best for ISU. I think most here share that.

cykadelic2

Jun 10, 2006
Why wouldn't Texas just want to keep the LHN when ESPN terminates the deal? They would surely have a good amount of infrastructure and then they could market it across the world and stream to their large fan base. I don't see them going backwards and giving up control to other schools, especially some new conference.
ESPN owns and produces LHN content. I seriously doubt ESPN will just walk away from its production facilities and tell Texas to keep them, produce your own content and negotiate your own carriage deals. And I seriously doubt Texas wants to do all of that on their own.

weR138

Feb 20, 2008
He's been on this bent for years. He wants impossible things in regards to conference relations and seems willing to send ISU to it's death to prove a point.

I'm not sure if he's a closet NU or Aggy fan, but the level of hatred for Texas and blindness he carries regarding the culpability of those schools suggests that kind of bias.

I just want what's best for ISU. I think most here share that.
What Tornado Man fails to understand is that relegation is not simply bad for ISU, it means the END of ISU. Matt Campbell seems to be having some success selling the program as the "Big XII program for midwesterners". If we lose P5 status that recruiting evaporates and Campbell is gone. And no one with designs of moving up to a tOSU or Tennessee as a head coach will ever come here to coach again. And I haven't even gotten to the crushing financial hit we'll take. The difference isn't between P5 & G5 for ISU, it's between P5 & death. So yeah, we're gonna play ball (figuratively and literally) with Texas. If anybody doesn't like it they can look for a bandwagon to jump on.

• Winner
Reactions: Al_4_State

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron