Hilton's Floor Shaking

HogueNation

Nov 15, 2016
I was at the 2013 game against Iowa where we trailed pretty much the entire game only to come back and win as Gesell choked away a couple free throws at the end. I just don't quite remember it being as loud as Aaron White described in an interview I read that he did for BCDivide that got posted yesterday. Anyone else remember the floor shaking that night? Here's some highlights below and it doesn't seem that nuts but it's always louder when you're actually there.

Last edited:
Reactions: IA_Cyclone70

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
I was there for this one. This is the first time I recall it being reported that the floor and basket were shaking from crowd noise...

Last edited:

mattyice

Oct 15, 2011
Okie State in 1992 and Kansas in 1995. Probably the loudest I've been.

Agreed on both...was at both as well.

I was in the top row ISU side behind the basket for the Lafester game....the dead silence before he hit a shot before halftime, followed by the explosion I think may take it for me.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyvilian

EnhancedFujita

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 28, 2013
Johnston
Ive heard quite a few players say it before. Loudest I ever heard Hilton was this game...

Agreed, I was in the student section about 6 rows off the court for this game and it was one of the loudest events I've ever been at. Recent games might have been as loud, but I have to sit in the balcony now and its not as loud up there as it is on the floor.

• Agree
Reactions: Cypwr

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Iowa game sounded more like relief than anything.

Games like that OSU game were insanity at its finest.

I thought it looked pretty crazy in 2015 when ISU came back to beat OU after getting whooped in the first half.

• Agree
Reactions: BLRNerd and Cyke

ComCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Oct 31, 2016
Was at the Iowa game, it was pretty dang loud. Can confirm.

The only other time I personally have heard it close to that loud was the big OU comeback, and the 5 minutes or so after Naz hit that last second 3 to tie Okie State. Everyone was absolutely going bonkers then.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron