16240.jpg

Reactions: isutrevman

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
How does he think the door got broken?

Some guy he never met hunted him down and had this intricate scheme to break a door down and set up the scene. He lured him to the door just so he could shoot through it.

I get that Hallice was close to him and all, but everything I've seen says this was completely justified.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Some guy he never met hunted him down and had this intricate scheme to break a door down and set up the scene. He lured him to the door just so he could shoot through it.

I get that Hallice was close to him and all, but everything I've seen says this was completely justified.
He was clearly in the wrong but I think the guy was too. I just can't say he was right when he shot through a closed door.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
He was clearly in the wrong but I think the guy was too. I just can't say he was right when he shot through a closed door.

He already broke into his house, and now was going for the bedroom. Sure, we can speculate that if he gets in he figures out he screwed up and nothing comes of it other than paying for damages but if I'm sleeping and all of a sudden someone's trying to bust down more door and they aren't answering me, I'm shooting.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009

What should he have done when someone was beating on his locked bedroom door?

Call 911. Yell some more, maybe try to find out what the intruder wants. Warn him that you have a gun. Wait and shoot him two seconds later. Make tea. Not many options.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
"Chrystal, who was driving, asked Bryce to go inside and pick up their daughter. Before he exited the car, however, she reminded him to grab the diaper bags and bottles. That set him off. As Chrystal placed their daughter in her car seat, she turned and saw Bryce walking away in a huff—down Peabody Avenue, then right onto Latimer Street."

Well then. I had heard about BDJ's "hair-trigger temper" while in Ames, but this kinda sums it up.

HogueNation

Nov 15, 2016
So Hallice is implying BDJ was robbed that night? I'm confused where he gets that logic, he tweeted something about find his wallet, amongst other tweets calling it Fake News. I'm sure it's been emotionally tough on him, but to say he didn't break into that apartment is a bit much.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
What should he have done when someone was beating on his locked bedroom door?

Call 911. Yell some more, maybe try to find out what the intruder wants. Warn him that you have a gun. Wait and shoot him two seconds later. Make tea. Not many options.
You just came up with three great options that would end up with someone not dead or at least potentially not dead.

I've been woken up like that (similar not someone breaking in) a couple of times and I'm almost fully lucid in making decisions. I just don't think he was morally justified in shooting.

cbclone16

Dec 9, 2016
"they found a last-minute babysitter via Craigslist"

I wonder what an NBA player pays someone (off craigslist) to watch his kids

• Winner
Reactions: Angie

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
You just came up with three great options that would end up with someone not dead or at least potentially not dead.

I've been woken up like that (similar not someone breaking in) a couple of times and I'm almost fully lucid in making decisions. I just don't think he was morally justified in shooting.

Interesting. I wonder if BDJ had a gun at his house and what he would do if someone was breaking into his bedroom.

• Agree
Reactions: Angie

isutrevman

Jan 30, 2007
Ames, IA

In other words, you've never been in that situation.

83cy

May 14, 2006

If someone has broken into your house during the night and is breaking into your bedroom and you call 911 with a gun at your disposal. Prepare for the cops to pick up your dead body vs saving you.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
interesting article but the author seemed so choppy.

a teammate wanted him to go to vegas instead of his kid's first birthday party? in what world is that celebrated?

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

Fitzy

Tracer Bullet
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 8, 2014
La La Land
Not specifically but I have been woken up at 3 in the morning by neighbors shooting off approximately $100 worth of fireworks at once. The first thing I did was reach for my phone to call 911 even though we didn't after realizing what was exploding.
Well that completely different situation certainly proves your point.