Marvel Cinematic Universe

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

For those who have seen it.. Venom: Thumbs up or Thumbs Down

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

RyCy04

Sep 26, 2007
Omaha, NE
I have been wanting to get into reading comics and was looking into Marvel Unlimited. Anybody use that? Does this seam like it would be a better deal?
I use to have a Marvel Unlimited subscription. It was good for reading old comics that I no longer have or reading an old arc that I never got around to reading way back when. However it was not good for keeping up with current comics.
I would go with Comixology over Marvel Unlimited if you are looking for a digital subscription. You will basically get the same comics as Marvel Unlimited and also be able to branch outside of Marvel as well.

• Informative
Reactions: CloniesForLife

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
GOG2 definitely threw me off.

`There's just too much to grasp in one viewing.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
I'm sure I'll end up voting good but sensory overload for an old guy.
I really want to go but with it being so nice this weekend I think I will be outside most of it. Hopefully next week!

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Guardians was excellent. I was dead tired and followed the huge amount of things they were juggling.
Some reviews complain that it's slower in the middle, but it needed to slow down to set up the third act. It's extremely well done and a ton of fun. The payoffs are great!

Michael Rooker is amazing. He plays that kind of character soooo well.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
Guardians was excellent. I was dead tired and followed the huge amount of things they were juggling.
Some reviews complain that it's slower in the middle, but it needed to slow down to set up the third act. It's extremely well done and a ton of fun. The payoffs are great!

Great to hear! I LOVED the first Guardians (might be my most watched Marvel movie) so this has been highly anticipated by me.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I hope to go see it this weekend. Where has Trigger been hiding? Wonder if he finished Legion yet.

Haha, not hiding, just distracted let's say. Been at Orlando/Disney World all week with the fam. Just got back and plan to see Guardians sometime this weekend for sure. As for Legion, yes, I am finally done as I finished last weekend. Plan on posting a full review on Monday. Definitely was very good overall, but did still have some faltering moments.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Saw it last night....never followed Guardians but liked it better than the first one and really enjoyed it. More character development and I liked the humor. Even Kurt Russell still has it for finding a way to be funny when it's not even a funny scene.

Correct on Rooker...he was very good in The Walking Dead.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Saw it last night....never followed Guardians but liked it better than the first one and really enjoyed it. More character development and I liked the humor. Even Kurt Russell still has it for finding a way to be funny when it's not even a funny scene.

Correct on Rooker...he was very good in The Walking Dead.

rs_480x270-150320094142-MallRatsMovie2.gif

Have my GOTG2 ticket for Tuesday night, first night I can catch the cheap night at one of my favorite theaters.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
rs_480x270-150320094142-MallRatsMovie2.gif

Have my GOTG2 ticket for Tuesday night, first night I can catch the cheap night at one of my favorite theaters.

Ha, forgot about that...he pops every now and then when flipping channels.

I think I need to watch Mall Rats again in general.

• Agree
Reactions: 3GenClone

ISUChippewa

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006

I think Michael Rooker is one of the more underrated character actors in Hollywood. I saw the movie Thursday night and enjoyed it immensely. I really appreciated that he was given a chance to shine and ran away with the opportunity.

ripvdub

Mar 20, 2006
Iowa
I read up on Ego before I saw it, kinda glad I did, made it easier to understand what was going on. A few great songs, but overall the soundtrack isn't as great.

mctallerton

Apr 4, 2006
I read up on Ego before I saw it, kinda glad I did, made it easier to understand what was going on. A few great songs, but overall the soundtrack isn't as great.
GotG1's soundtrack was phenomenal, but I thought this one was amazing too.

Reactions: isuska

LoyalFawker

Jul 13, 2016
Kansas City
Just for those who haven't seen GOG2 yet, just like every other marvel movie stay until the very end of the credits there are 5 post credits teaser scenes.