SuperFanatic T2
Dec 17, 2008
Iowa
WOW Didn't see that coming There has to be more to this story

Where does OK State go now?

Cy$

Sep 1, 2011
Ames
Underwood to Illinois is good news for ISU. I wanted Underwood to ISU when Prohm got here but it looks like Underwood would have bolted quickly and ISU would have been in need of hiring another coach quickly.

Also, this screws over Okie St. and Kansas St. Lots of KSU fans thought there was a chance he'd go to Kansas St. still once Weber was fired.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Interested who they will get at OSU next. This conference is loaded with top notch coaches cant really blame Underwood for leaving for that reason, winning consistently is difficult in this conference but heck even with a pretty crummy team you can be .500 in the big ten (see Iowa).

cyclones500

Jan 29, 2010
Michigan
basslakebeacon.com
Underwood to Illinois is good news for ISU. I wanted Underwood to ISU when Prohm got here but it looks like Underwood would have bolted quickly and ISU would have been in need of hiring another coach quickly.

I thought about that, too. I also was on "Team Underwood," now I'm glad at least short-term Prohm was the choice if Underwood was going to bolt after a season. Although nobody would have assumed that at the time --- unless his plan was to grab the first new opportunity he could.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids

Georgetown would worry me if they target Prohm. Great history. Focus all on basketball. Closer to home. Can probably pay more than ISU.

Reactions: riceville98

knowlesjam

Oct 21, 2012
Papillion, NE
Georgetown is another high vis job opening. Definitely lots of openings without a big list of fills (at least by other P6 coaches). Looks like more mid-major coaches will get the chance to move up...

Fascinating in that some schools (Illinois and Missouri) move quick (like ISU did with Prohm), while others let the dust settle and then make a decision. First glance is that the quick fill option seems to do better...shows a decisive athletic director that has a good list of candidates ready to go if something happens...

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
And so it did happen with Georgetown....

If Georgetown stays in the family, Charlotte Hornets assistant coach Patrick Ewing makes the most sense. If outside, Hoyas should make a run at Harvard's Tommy Amaker.

i
Andy Katz, ESPN Senior Writer

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
..... Wisconsin did not want their current coach - Ryan retired mid year so his guy would be named interim basically forcing Wisconsin to hire him. One year not making the tourney and he is probably gone. Maybe next year with who they lose.

Wisconsin is very happy with Greg Gard. He has shown that he can coach but we'll see what he does recruiting side as they do need to reload.
Gard is also a stand up guy and the Madison faithful do not miss the behind the scene shenanigans.

jkclone

Bookie
Jan 21, 2013
Urbandale
Wisconsin is very happy with Greg Gard. He has shown that he can coach but we'll see what he does recruiting side as they do need to reload.
Gard is also a stand up guy and the Madison faithful do not miss the behind the scene shenanigans.
Their fans don't. I've talked to some and they were talking about firing him before the tournaments happened.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Their fans don't. I've talked to some and they were talking about firing him before the tournaments happened.

I live amongst them and have not heard one that doesn't like him. Not surprised that some don't like the coach, kind of like our fans earlier in the season.

Last edited:
  • Agree
Reactions: WooBadger18

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I wonder how many jobs Archie has turned down over the last few years. Finally paid off. This will be a great hire, IU fans should be excited.

FinalFourCy

Mar 5, 2017
I wonder how many jobs Archie has turned down over the last few years. Finally paid off. This will be a great hire, IU fans should be excited.
They should be. Some were thinking Billy Donovan was a possibility though.

The Miller brothers are quite the coaching duo.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron