Campustown Redevelopment

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I imagine finding new housing at semester won't be too terrible. A lot of people looking for subleases for the next semester this time of year from what i remember, can negotiate deals with people who may be happy just to not have to pay the full rent of a place they arent using.

Yeah, back in '07/08 I tried to sublet my room in an apartment 2 blocks from campus, for less than full price. I had a taker who was going to move in right away but never did and I ate the cost of two apartments for a semester while I was away on an internship.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
I imagine finding new housing at semester won't be too terrible. A lot of people looking for subleases for the next semester this time of year from what i remember, can negotiate deals with people who may be happy just to not have to pay the full rent of a place they arent using.

That close to campus and at the rent being paid, I think it will be. Sure he can find something farther away, but those older apartments in campustown rent for a lot less than the new high rises. So for comparable rent and midyear availability, the student will have to move farther from campus. I think a lot of them just like to be able to walk to and from the bars.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Haven't been to the one in Des Moines, but went to one in Orlando and really liked it. They have a flat rate pizza that you can put as many toppings on as you want. It is ind of like a Subway concept only with pizza.

If Blaze is like Subway, then Jeff's is safe. Do not like sandwiches that are all bread and lettuce unless you pay extra for a normal helping of meat.

Messi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 25, 2011
Cedar Rapids
If Blaze is like Subway, then Jeff's is safe. Do not like sandwiches that are all bread and lettuce unless you pay extra for a normal helping of meat.
Blaze quality >>>>> subway. The concept of being able to make it however you want remains the same. Like the poster above stated, at blaze you can add as many toppings as you want for the same flat rate.

• Agree
Reactions: carvers4math

Bu4ISU

Sep 2, 2012
Seattle
That close to campus and at the rent being paid, I think it will be. Sure he can find something farther away, but those older apartments in campustown rent for a lot less than the new high rises. So for comparable rent and midyear availability, the student will have to move farther from campus. I think a lot of them just like to be able to walk to and from the bars.
Yeah I pay 579 a month for a 2 person 1400 sq. ft. Apartment, instead of paying 800+ a month for less space. I'm only like an extra 3 minute walk away from the new high rises as well.

Reactions: carvers4math

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I am all for a new pizza place but will never be satisfied until we get real NY pizza (or as close as you can get). Taste of New York in WDM does a pretty good job. Jeffs has a good lunch special but far from what I would consider good pizza

NetflixAndClone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 6, 2015
The State of Hockey

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Well, if there's any place that can support 3 pizza places on one block, its right across from a college campus.

cyclone87

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 6, 2011
Ames, IA
Something called Smokin' Oak Pizza coming to Campustown, in April:

http://www.amestrib.com/news/20170102/smokin8217-oak-pizza-coming-to-campustown
http://www.smokinoakpizza.com/locations/

Smokin' Oak Pizza- 2420 Lincoln Way
Jeff's Pizza Shop - 2402 Lincoln Way
Blaze Pizza - 2320 Lincoln Way

Should be two good pizza option additions to Ames. Pi Wood-Fired Pizza (original location that Smokin' Oak is based on) in Rochester is pretty good. Looks like Ames will be the first location for the franchise.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron