Coaching Fires and Hires

bawbie

Staff member
Mar 17, 2006
Cedar Rapids, IA
Also, how the **** does Romar still have a job at UW? He hasn't made the NCAAs since Fred's first year here, and he won 2 conference games this year with the #1 NBA prospect. Going with Cuonzo and the Porters to Mizzou would be smart.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonepride

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
well that sucks since we just signed to play Mizzou.
We will be down next year, for our standards, yes. but Mizzou is in the sewer. We get 2 games with them the next 2 years as they are "re-building" and we should probably win both of them.All while they have a highly-regarded coach, and potentially a top-level recruit. Not terrible situation, and possibility for a win.

isu2014

May 16, 2011
Oskaloosa, IA
We will be down next year, for our standards, yes. but Mizzou is in the sewer. We get 2 games with them the next 2 years as they are "re-building" and we should probably win both of them.All while they have a highly-regarded coach, and potentially a top-level recruit. Not terrible situation, and possibility for a win.
I really think our team is going to exceed expectations next year. Young, dumb mistakes will abound but I really think they win some games on just pure talent., especially seeing the development of Donovan Jackson this year.

srjclone

Nov 17, 2014
Downtown Minneapolis
I really think our team is going to exceed expectations next year. Young, dumb mistakes will abound but I really think they win some games on just pure talent., especially seeing the development of Donovan Jackson this year.
I completely agree, I think we will be right around the bubble all year. Winning some games we probably shouldn't, as well as dropping some that we probably shouldn't. I am not sold on them being a complete re-build, especially depending on what is being brought in via the JuCo or Grad Transfer route.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
Tony Bennett at Illinois would bring the conference to an even slower pace, gross. Not sure he'd take it even with that amount of money being thrown around.

scottwv

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 18, 2011
Melrose Iowa
Tony Bennett at Illinois would bring the conference to an even slower pace, gross. Not sure he'd take it even with that amount of money being thrown around.

I wonder if Bennett waits until Wisconsin opens up before leaving Virginia. Wisconsin did not want their current coach - Ryan retired mid year so his guy would be named interim basically forcing Wisconsin to hire him. One year not making the tourney and he is probably gone. Maybe next year with who they lose.

• Agree
Reactions: mb7299

CyHans

Apr 28, 2010
I can't wait for the Prohm rumors for about every vacant job. Already heard at least one for Illinois.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron