Walking Dead

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
Even the backest of back country hillbillies don't talk like that. It's just one of those things you have to go with

Agree. It does seem nonsensical and it is 100% irritating, but TWD has us talking about it, so maybe it serves its purpose.

I just assume that Jadis came to power and initiated the stupid shorthand talk (or the leader before her). The community has become cult-like and everyone dresses like her and talks like her now, which is marginally believable.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Have you ever seen the movie "Love Actually"?

Side bar:

Everyone gushes over Love Actually being this timeless romantic movie. That movie pisses me off to insane levels.

@cmjh10 Since you are unaware of the film it portrays several different relationships all around Christmas. Everyone thinks it's one of the most romantic movies ever but it drives me nuts.

The "Love Triangle" portion of the movie is maddening. If you actually care about her, then do something about it or shut up. Don't half ass it and leave their relationship up in the air.

The relationship with the Portuguese housekeeper is kind of cute, but communication is one of the most important aspects of a real relationship. It's romantic that they fall in love without it, but also kind of naive.

I absolutely can not stand to see Alan Rickman (RIP) as that contemptuous dill hole. The way he treats his wife makes me want to vomit.

The Hugh Grant portion is actually enjoyable.

While the portion with Sam the drummer boy is cute, that kid is way too serious about a girl for his age.

The Laura Linney portion is just depressing. I guess it's somewhat realistic though

The part with the softcore adult film actors is actually pretty funny.

And I guess the Billy Mack portion is amusing

So 3 out of the 8 stories are worthwhile.

• Agree
Reactions: SC Cy

Hawkmi1987

Jun 27, 2016
Newton, Ia
I'm not sure, if I was Rick, that I would trust this bunch of trash heapers. You just armed pretty much all of them and you have ****. What's to prevent them from ******* you over now? Seems dumb. I think I would have brought them a sample and told them they have the rest stashed somewhere safe. Confirm that they in fact have a deal and then pay up. This, "Not enough" crap shouldn't be an option with them still taking everything you brought. If it's not enough then you wait until it is enough to get your guns. Or shut your mentally challenged pie hole.
I don't think they know how to fight. At the end of the last episode they were upset because Rick and company didn't clean the guns. "You don't expect us to." I think there is significance in that line, not because they are pissed that they have to clean the guns, but because they have no idea how to.

• Agree
Reactions: Freebird

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I don't think they know how to fight. At the end of the last episode they were upset because Rick and company didn't clean the guns. "You don't expect us to." I think there is significance in that line, not because they are pissed that they have to clean the guns, but because they have no idea how to.

Good point. They act like morons and maybe it's not an act. They have numbers but they might be completely useless in a fight accept as bullet sponges and to distract the Saviors from Rick and Co, who will actually be the ones getting the job done.

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
Good point. They act like morons and maybe it's not an act. They have numbers but they might be completely useless in a fight accept as bullet sponges and to distract the Saviors from Rick and Co, who will actually be the ones getting the job done.

idk. They might be morons. But contrast that against the fact they set the boat trap, were playing the long game of just watching and waiting, followed Rick/Aaron back to Alex successfully, kidnapped Gabriel successfully and made him steal ALL the food, then captured Rick and crew when they went looking for Gabriel. Not too bad for morons.

It may be just as likely when Negan goes down, that this group decides to try and subjugate Rick and crew.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
idk. They might be morons. But contrast that against the fact they set the boat trap, were playing the long game of just watching and waiting, followed Rick/Aaron back to Alex successfully, kidnapped Gabriel successfully and made him steal ALL the food, then captured Rick and crew when they went looking for Gabriel. Not too bad for morons.

It may be just as likely when Negan goes down, that this group decides to try and subjugate Rick and crew.

Possibly. They seem to think pretty highly of their numbers and their organization.
Did they set the boat trap? Or did they just use the existing boat trap as a test. It seemed like it was set up by someone with a larger vocabulary, like a previous leader or something.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
My theory on why they talk this way: it might be the result of extreme mental trauma from the zombie apocalypse? Just spit balling here.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha

I don't think they set the boat trap. I think they just watched it waiting for someone else to figure out how to get to the boat.

BirdOfWar

May 3, 2010
Central Iowa
Yeah, I swear they said something in an earlier episode reflecting just that.

I remember it that way too. We never did find out the person who is wearing those boots they showed a couple times? The person that was watching Rick and Alex gets everything off the boat. I don't remember seeing the lady in charge wearing those unless I missed it.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
I remember it that way too. We never did find out the person who is wearing those boots they showed a couple times? The person that was watching Rick and Alex gets everything off the boat. I don't remember seeing the lady in charge wearing those unless I missed it.

I wondered about that as well. That person has to be affiliated with the Trash Heap though. Because that's how they pulled Gabriel into this. Is it some sort of behind the scenes leader who is pulling the strings from afar?

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
My theory on why they talk this way: it might be the result of extreme mental trauma from the zombie apocalypse? Just spit balling here.

And no one in Ricks group or the Saviors has had similar trauma? Hell, Negan is one of the more loquacious and expressive speakers on the show.

GTO

Mar 25, 2014
North DFW, TX
And no one in Ricks group or the Saviors has had similar trauma? Hell, Negan is one of the more loquacious and expressive speakers on the show.
I know. I was just thinking of how some people (in all fairness, mostly kids) who experience trauma don't speak anymore. Of course, a large group of people with the same issue getting together is very unlikely. I would go with the main lady being eccentric and the rest just being in a cult-like state/vow of silence?

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
I'm just jumping back into this thread, so maybe this was covered already. But...

Here's my question about the Garbage Pail Kids (great name by the way). Why the hell do they talk like cavemen? The world hasn't been post apocalyptic for that long that you start talking like freaking Tarzan!

I could understand them being antisocial and a bit weird, but it just seems stupid.

"More guns. Soon. Unga bunga."
My guess is when this all started going down they were middle/high school kids on a short bus field trip to the landfill. The walker in the pit was either their bus driver or teacher. They felt safe at the dump so they decided to stay.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I wondered about that as well. That person has to be affiliated with the Trash Heap though. Because that's how they pulled Gabriel into this. Is it some sort of behind the scenes leader who is pulling the strings from afar?
No, they knew the boat was there and that it had supplies. They just had someone watching it waiting for someone else to figure out how to get through zombie lake. They mentioned that when they first met.

ImJustKCClone

Ancient Argumentative and Accidental Assassin Ape
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 18, 2013
traipsing thru the treetops
Side bar:

Everyone gushes over Love Actually being this timeless romantic movie. That movie pisses me off to insane levels.

@cmjh10 Since you are unaware of the film it portrays several different relationships all around Christmas. Everyone thinks it's one of the most romantic movies ever but it drives me nuts.

The "Love Triangle" portion of the movie is maddening. If you actually care about her, then do something about it or shut up. Don't half ass it and leave their relationship up in the air.

The relationship with the Portuguese housekeeper is kind of cute, but communication is one of the most important aspects of a real relationship. It's romantic that they fall in love without it, but also kind of naive.

I absolutely can not stand to see Alan Rickman (RIP) as that contemptuous dill hole. The way he treats his wife makes me want to vomit.

The Hugh Grant portion is actually enjoyable.

While the portion with Sam the drummer boy is cute, that kid is way too serious about a girl for his age.

The Laura Linney portion is just depressing. I guess it's somewhat realistic though

The part with the softcore adult film actors is actually pretty funny.

And I guess the Billy Mack portion is amusing

So 3 out of the 8 stories are worthwhile.
It's worth it just to see Hugh dancing at #10 Downing, and shutting down Billy Bob. :)