Lindell Wigginton

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Sounds like Lindell is having himself a Sunday...

@BSnowScout: Lindell Wigginton is a pure bucket getter. Should have massive numbers for Iowa St next year

@coreyevans_10: Iowa State signee Lindell Wigginton is a bucket spree right now. Armed and ready to help out in the scoring load next year in Ames

@mikemann97: @Lwigginton5 Lindell Wigginton is one of the best pure scorers in the country I've been saying that for a while. Iowa State should be excited

@mikemann97: @Lwigginton5 Lindell Wigginton has taken over in the 4th Quarter. When ever you need a bucket get the ball in his hands #PrimeTimeShootout

Lindell finished with 22 points in Oak Hill's win. A couple highlights...

Last edited:

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
More praise from Evans and Snow, though I haven't seen anything remotely not positive growth and game about Lindell in a year. #promising.

@coreyevans_10 Iowa State signee Lindell Wigginton is on a bucket spree right now. Armed and ready to help out in the scoring load next year in Ames

@BSnowScout Lindell Wigginton is a pure bucket getter. Should have massive numbers for Iowa St next year

Last edited:

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Quick recap of Lindell's weekend showing.

"At its purest form, Lindell Wigginton is a true bucket getter. Wigginton can put the ball in the hoop as well as virtually any prospect in the class. He didn’t show a ton of ability in terms of getting others on his team involved, but that is also not his role. Wigginton is a good athlete who plays with a high motor, but it is his ability to go out and score which stands out, and he did it at an elite level on back to back days.

Recruiting: Signed with Iowa State"

http://www.scout.com/college/basket...1754623-primetimemetro-classic-top-performers

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012
Reading some of these has me thinking that LW will not run the point for us next year. More an off guard. But maybe him and Donovan will take turns at pg, I don't know. Like it when a kid is evaluated as a flat out scorer. Just wondering if having to play pg would take away from that. Looking forward to him in Cardinal and Gold.

Last edited:

rholtgraves

Sep 25, 2009
Reading some of these has me thinking that LW will not run the point for us next year. More an off guard. But maybe him and Donovan will take turns at pg, I don't know. Like it when a kid is evaluated as a flat out scorer. Just wondering if having to play pg would take away from that. Looking forward to him in Cardinal and Gold.

I think you will see him and Jackson play a lot like Mason and Graham for KU. They are interchangeable.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012

I'm thinking Marcus Foster

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines

Seems like Prohm likes multiple ball handlers on the floor. Guessing he will target a PG in 2018 to replace Jackson.

Wigginton, Moss and Lewis may someday soon compare to this year's trio.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Seems like Prohm likes multiple ball handlers on the floor. Guessing he will target a PG in 2018 to replace Jackson.

Adding Moss seems optimistic at this point considering he's hasn't signed, is 2018 recruit and only one crystal ball check. I like the thought though. ;)

Maybe you were referring to McNeil. Lard due to the RS could factor as the next great class that lifts the program.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Is Wigginton Iowa State's version of Isaiah Canaan?

Canaan was 6-1
As a freshman, played about 20 minutes per game, 10 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists per game
Worked up to 36.5 minutes per game, 22 points, 3.5 rebounds, 4 assists per game

Maybe not a Monte Morris type point guard but a good scorer.

• Agree
Reactions: isutrevman

MartinCy

Jul 12, 2016
Kansas City, MO
Is Wigginton Iowa State's version of Isaiah Canaan?

Canaan was 6-1
As a freshman, played about 20 minutes per game, 10 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists per game
Worked up to 36.5 minutes per game, 22 points, 3.5 rebounds, 4 assists per game

Maybe not a Monte Morris type point guard but a good scorer.

This is a fair comparison as far as their height and playing style as scoring guards. However, Isaiah Cannan was a 2 star recruit as opposed to Lindell being a near 5 star recruit who has competed at the highest level of high school basketball in the country the last 3 years. Lindell also will likely be a lot more physically ready for high major college basketball as he has already added a lot of strength during his time at Oak Hill... I'm guessing Cannan did not come in with these physical tools Lindell already possesses. Based on this, I expect Lindell to have a more immediate impact in his freshmen year.

Last edited:

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
This is a fair comparison as far as their height and playing style as scoring guards. However, Isaiah Cannan was a 2 star recruit as opposed to Lindell being a near 5 star recruit who has competed at the highest level of high school basketball in the country the last 3 years. Lindell also will likely be a lot more physically ready for high major college basketball as he has already added a lot of strength during his time at Oak Hill... I'm guessing Cannan did not come in with these physical tools Lindell already possesses. Based on this, I expect Lindell to have a more immediate impact in his freshmen year.
There is an obvious difference in recruiting prowess between the two. For Lindell though, he will be playing against much tougher competition than Canaan.

• Agree
Reactions: allfourcy

allfourcy

Apr 26, 2012

Who will be our MattyIce?

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
I'm trying to think of a player comparison for McNeill. Maybe Chris Allen? Non-ISU player, maybe Markel Brown?

Cyforce

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 24, 2009
Des Moines
Adding Moss seems optimistic at this point considering he's hasn't signed, is 2018 recruit and only one crystal ball check. I like the thought though. ;)

Maybe you were referring to McNeil. Lard due to the RS could factor as the next great class that lifts the program.

I know the diffence between those two. I am a dreamer but I know the team I want to see built with the next two classes.

Backcourt of Wigginton, Moss and Lewis with McNeil the shooter off the bench and the PG from Cedar Falls that allows Wiggintonn to play off the ball at times.

In the front court I want Lard and Young to share a spot with the other filled by a Ejim/Houge beast that can shoot and a7 footer that thinks he is a guard like the Vandy kid that ripped us a new one. That's my nine man rotation.