Haggling the markup

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
If you have Direct TV you just need to know the five magic words "I'm switching to Dish Network." Things will usually work out pretty well for ya.

Regarding Sirus XM just cancel your free subscription or don't buy a plan after your free trial. If you can go without for a couple of months they will just keep sweetening the deal. Don't even settle for $10 a month for a year, eventually it will go all the way down to $5.

BillBrasky4Cy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 10, 2013
Those little Cub Scouts that stop by your house and sell you popcorn are real pushovers. You throw a couple of Popsicles and sodas into the equation and next thing you know, you just became the top popcorn dealer in the neighborhood.

isu22andy

Sep 17, 2012
There's some real dirt bags on here haha . Anyone know if you can haggle on a firearm in a box store like Scheels ? I have a large gift card I need to use along with a buddy .

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
Rent, TV, washer and dryer, fridge, car, salary/benefits, XM, farmers markets at closing, flea market, butcher (real one, not a grocery store), watches, lumber yard, furniture, tires, gym membership, Craigslist items, men's warehouse, and xrays are all things/place I have haggled at/for.

NickTheGreat

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 17, 2012
Central Iowa
EVERYTHING is negotiable to a certain extent.
vauEUgn.gif

DeereClone

Nov 16, 2009
There's some real dirt bags on here haha . Anyone know if you can haggle on a firearm in a box store like Scheels ? I have a large gift card I need to use along with a buddy .

Local dealers and smaller shops will deal better than Scheels. If you find it cheaper somewhere else I bet Scheels would match but I don't see them haggling a lot, could be wrong though. Whenever I have bought there it is already on sale and decently priced so I haven't seen the need to haggle.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Im interested. Didnt go to mexico either did you?
The bigger companies own the laser and hire the doctors to perform the surgery. The doctor gets a flat fee for the weekend. So half price for someone who can fill an open spot is still more cash to pay the ills.

coolerifyoudid

Feb 8, 2013
KC
Rent, TV, washer and dryer, fridge, car, salary/benefits, XM, farmers markets at closing, flea market, butcher (real one, not a grocery store), watches, lumber yard, furniture, tires, gym membership, Craigslist items, men's warehouse, and xrays are all things/place I have haggled at/for.

You haggle with a butcher? Like, over a string of sausages?

It takes stones to argue with a guy that has a large freezer, a set of sharp knives and is adept at cutting things up.

Doc

This is it Morty
Aug 6, 2006
Denver
Not necessarily haggling, but I call and renegotiate my cable bill with Time Warner every year since they offer "promotions" all the time. I usually end up maintaining what I was paying or dropping it by a few bucks.

My internet and cable salesman actually told me to do this. They just give you a new promotion every year.

isukendall

Nov 30, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
This one kills me. Directv offered me everything on earth to keep my subscription. We wanted out, so we didnt take them up on it, but if we wanted to use it as leverage, we would have made out like kings. They are desperate.

Interesting. When I left them, I told them I'm leaving for real, so offer me what you can offer me now, because when you call me with the offer a month from now, I'll tell you guys to go F yourselves. Guess who called a month later...?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Interesting. When I left them, I told them I'm leaving for real, so offer me what you can offer me now, because when you call me with the offer a month from now, I'll tell you guys to go F yourselves. Guess who called a month later...?

I was getting a lot of calls from them for weeks from various numbers all over the country. I finally asked them to remove me from their list. The are unrelenting.

• Agree
Reactions: JP4CY

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron