Haggling the markup

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
One thing I don't do whenever negotiating is lowball the person unless that is the max that I will go. I have had others do it and they seem confused when I jack the price up in response to their offer.

isu22andy

Sep 17, 2012
Dish really irked me off today, DVR stopped working, lady offers a FREE upgrade and FREE installation for new DVR system.... with a $30/Mo fee she wouldnt tell me about till I asked. Then I said no way screw that, its gotta be close to what im paying now. So she callls her "promotions manager" gets the price to 103 a month. So Im like wtf Im paying 96 a month now why should I pay more since YOUR DVR broke. She basically strong armed me said thats the best I can do, so I said Ill call you back after I call direct tv and she let me go.

Tailg8er

Feb 25, 2011
Johnston
One thing I don't do whenever negotiating is lowball the person unless that is the max that I will go. I have had others do it and they seem confused when I jack the price up in response to their offer.

Reminds me of when we were selling our first house a couple years ago.

Day 1 we get an offer that was 15-20% below list. Mark Charter advised me against countering with a number above asking, but I really wanted to.

By the next day we had 2 other offers & ended up selling just over asking price.

Reactions: dosry5

8bitnes

Nov 21, 2010
There's some real dirt bags on here haha . Anyone know if you can haggle on a firearm in a box store like Scheels ? I have a large gift card I need to use along with a buddy .

Yes, you can. True story, I once successfully haggled on shoes at FootLocker.

Help Support Us

Become a patron