Beanin' the Ump....

Transient

Apr 17, 2008
if you havent seen this video, apparently the pitcher wasnt happy with the Ump's calls, and it looks like the catcher may, have taken a dive to let the pitch hit the Ump. Well, in the end the catcher's future college team has banned him from playing at their school next year. But you make the call...

http://www.breitbart.tv/?p=111013&comments=1#comments

Last edited:

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
I think it's rather obvious. I've never seen a catcher make that kind of move when a ball was headed his direction.

ISUKyro

Oct 28, 2006
Houston, TX
Agree with ISUFan22. I've seen my fair share of baseball at many different levels and that is a new one to me.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Yeah, thats pretty obvious. One, the catcher goes down to block WAY early, there is no way the kid has that nasty of a curve and he just got crossed up...

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006
If its the same video I've seen on Youtube, it appears the batter gets hit in the head and the ball deflects off him to the ump. That doesn't explain what the catcher was doing though.

Clones85'

Just Win Baby
Jan 31, 2007
Of course the catcher missed it on purpose. I pitched in college and I don't think I have ever seen a catchers mitt drop down like his does. Unless Zito throws a 12-6 curveball in the dirt !!:smile:

What the pitcher and catcher did is bush

bellzisu

Apr 15, 2006
Norwalk
I've been a cather and also pitched before... Seriously, you can clearly tell the catcher pulled away. Any catcher thats played more then one game would of stopped it.

I am supprised that the kids future team told him he isn't welcomed there anymore. It's good to see someone stand up to todays pampered athletes.

clone2011

Dec 11, 2007
My dad (former HS and college ump) sent this to me earlier--said it obvious the catcher bailed, and he probably would've run both the pitcher and catcher if he had seen it from the 2nd ump position out in the field. Being the home plate ump it's hard to see all of that happen and process. Being the field ump it would be a simple call to make.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
My dad (former HS and college ump) sent this to me earlier--said it obvious the catcher bailed, and he probably would've run both the pitcher and catcher if he had seen it from the 2nd ump position out in the field. Being the home plate ump it's hard to see all of that happen and process. Being the field ump it would be a simple call to make.
If I saw that in one of the games I umpire, I'd toss the catcher and pitcher on the spot and if the coach came out to argue, I'd be tossing him too. I'm not going to say I didn't want to do it sometimes when I was pitching or catching, but doing it is completely unacceptable and I'm sure the IAHSAA would back me up.

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
Funny thing is that something similar happened to my brother his first varsity game his freshman year. BUT, the catcher was genuinely expecting a slider and the ump caught a fastball to the collarbone...

scottie33

Nov 25, 2006
Ames, Iowa
Funny thing is that something similar happened to my brother his first varsity game his freshman year. BUT, the catcher was genuinely expecting a slider and the ump caught a fastball to the collarbone...

What was the deal in the Nationals dugout after the walk off home run game the other day btw?

cybsball20

Nov 26, 2006
Des Moines, IA
I must have missed it, what happened?

Lastings Millage hit a go ahead home run in the 9th with Elijah Dukes (the craziest mo fo in sports) on second. They get to home and Dukes initiates a little celebratory dance at home and stares back at the pitcher. Acta confronts Dukes in the dugout and they get into a pretty heated shouting match in the dugout. In the post game congrat line, Dukes snubs Acta. There may be more, I haven't found out yet...

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
Thats a pretty good shot! Definitely on purpose and the two need to at least be suspended a game or three. Still, a good shot!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron