Marvel Cinematic Universe

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

For those who have seen it.. Venom: Thumbs up or Thumbs Down

• Thumbs Up

Votes: 86 62.3%
  • Thumbs Down

Votes: 52 37.7%

• Total voters

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Got the Captain America special recorded so looking forward to watching that sometime today. I'll share my thoughts when I do. With that said, did anyone watch the first episode of Agent Carter? If so, care to share your thoughts?

I didn't simply because I REFUSE to watch ANY series week to week anymore. With Agent Carter, I'm recording it and plan to just catch up by seasons end. The experience is so much better that way. I'm doing the same thing for Agents of Shield Season 3. With that one, I plan to just play catch up right before Civil War gets released.

I prefer the week to week experience with the waiting, and there's no way I have time to binge watch something. It's an easier way for me.

Styx

Nov 16, 2006
Fort Collins, CO
I'm doing the same thing for Agents of Shield Season 3. With that one, I plan to just play catch up right before Civil War gets released.

The last episode in first half of AoS Season 3 wrapped up the story line pretty well. It felt like a season finale. If you are needing something to watch between now and the end of the season, you would be fine just watching the first half and watching the second half at a later date.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I prefer the week to week experience with the waiting, and there's no way I have time to binge watch something. It's an easier way for me.

I can respect that. I guess to each his own. I'm a big details guy and love to really get into a series (catching easter eggs, watching some commentary...etc), so with that said, I just forget too much about what happened in previous episodes if I wait a whole week to watch the next episode. Also, there is definitely binge watchers out there, but I'm not sure I'd call myself that... I guess maybe. With a 1 year old, time is tight, which means my casual TV time is pretty much limited to around an hour a night after the kid is down and after the wife is asleep. Therefore, when watching a series, I watch about an episode a day until I'm done. Again, maybe that is binge watching, maybe not.... who knows.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
The last episode in first half of AoS Season 3 wrapped up the story line pretty well. It felt like a season finale. If you are needing something to watch between now and the end of the season, you would be fine just watching the first half and watching the second half at a later date.

Thanks for the advice as I had no idea that was the case, so that is good to know. Maybe I will consider plunging in a little earlier than normal for the first half of the season now.

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
Thanks for the advice as I had no idea that was the case, so that is good to know. Maybe I will consider plunging in a little earlier than normal for the first half of the season now.

I thought the first 2 episodes of AC were really good. Already has tied into the upcoming Dr. Strange movie as well as a throwback to the first season of AoS. Already got one named Marvel villain revealed, but I won't spoil it for you.

First half was definitely slower than the second (other than the opening fight scene, which was very well done), but I think they had to take their time to set everything up.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
I thought the first 2 episodes of AC were really good. Already has tied into the upcoming Dr. Strange movie as well as a throwback to the first season of AoS. Already got one named Marvel villain revealed, but I won't spoil it for you.

First half was definitely slower than the second (other than the opening fight scene, which was very well done), but I think they had to take their time to set everything up.

Interesting. Thanks for the update. I hope it continues it upward trajectory in the near future.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Yesterday, I finally got a chance to watch the hour-long 75th Anniversary of Captain America special on ABC. Here is a link if you missed it:

http://abc.go.com/shows/movies-and-specials/listings/marvels-captain-america-75-heroic-years

I thought the special was amazing and right in line with all the other Marvel ABC specials they've done. It helps that I absolutely love Captain America and he is now my favorite superhero. Its funny how I've changed throughout my life on that one. I'm 30 years old now and I've gone through 3 favorites in my life so far. From age 3-12, it was all Batman (loved the Tim Burton movies). From age 12-19, I was all Spider Man (loved Spider-Man before the Sam Raimi movies, but those solidified it further). From age 20-26, I went back to all Batman (thanks to the Christopher Nolan movies) - The Dark Knight is my favorite superhero movie ever. Now, from 26-30, I've been all Captain America (started with Captain America: The First Avenger). Funny how at first, I hated the idea of casting Chris Evans as Captain America, but now he is my all-time favorite superhero actor to put on a suit. I love that dude and can't imagine anyone else in the role.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Couple questions to throw out there for some fun discussion:

1. Of the two upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe movies coming out in 2016, which one are you most looking forward to? Here is your two options:

May 6: Captain America: Civil War
Nov 4: Dr. Strange

2. Of ALL the upcoming 2016 comic book movies, which one are you most looking forward to? Here is your list:

Feb 12: Deadpool (Fox X-Men Universe)
March 25: Batman vs Superman (DC Extended Universe)
May 6: Captain America: Civil War (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
May 27: X-Men: Apocolypse (Fox X-Men Universe)
June 3: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Half Shell (Paramount)
Aug 5: Suicide Squad (DC Extended Universe)
Oct 7: Gambit (Fox X-Men Universe)
Nov 4: Dr. Strange (Marvel Cinematic Universe)

Quite the lineup huh? 2016 definitely has a chance to be the best year ever by way of superhero movies if it wants to be. Regardless, it easily wins the sheer volume award. With that said, here are my two answers to the questions:

Answers
1. Captain America: Civil War - The Russo bros also directed Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which is my all-time favorite MCU movie so far, and this new movie so far looks to be on-par, if not better. Plus, Captain America is my favorite superhero. I am very much looking forward to magic entering the MCU through Dr. Strange as well too though, but not more than Civil War.

2. Captain America: Civil War - Please don't call me a Marvel fanboy, because I'm not. I'm equally excited about what both Marvel and DC are doing with their universes right now. With that said, Batman vs Superman is a close 2nd for my pick.

CloniesForLife

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 22, 2015
1. Cap
2. Suicide Squad
3. Deadpool

Dr Strange is intriguing just because of Benedict

3GenClone

Jun 28, 2009
Des Moines
Couple questions to throw out there for some fun discussion:

1. Of the two upcoming Marvel Cinematic Universe movies coming out in 2016, which one are you most looking forward to? Here is your two options:

May 6: Captain America: Civil War
Nov 4: Dr. Strange

2. Of ALL the upcoming 2016 comic book movies, which one are you most looking forward to? Here is your list:

Feb 12: Deadpool (Fox X-Men Universe)
March 25: Batman vs Superman (DC Extended Universe)
May 6: Captain America: Civil War (Marvel Cinematic Universe)
May 27: X-Men: Apocolypse (Fox X-Men Universe)
June 3: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Half Shell (Paramount)
Aug 5: Suicide Squad (DC Extended Universe)
Oct 7: Gambit (Fox X-Men Universe)
Nov 4: Dr. Strange (Marvel Cinematic Universe)

Quite the lineup huh? 2016 definitely has a chance to be the best year ever by way of superhero movies if it wants to be. Regardless, it easily wins the sheer volume award. With that said, here are my two answers to the questions:

Answers
1. Captain America: Civil War - The Russo bros also directed Captain America: The Winter Soldier, which is my all-time favorite MCU movie so far, and this new movie so far looks to be on-par, if not better. Plus, Captain America is my favorite superhero. I am very much looking forward to magic entering the MCU through Dr. Strange as well too though, but not more than Civil War.

2. Captain America: Civil War - Please don't call me a Marvel fanboy, because I'm not. I'm equally excited about what both Marvel and DC are doing with their universes right now. With that said, Batman vs Superman is a close 2nd for my pick.

1. I'm actually looking forward to Dr. Strange more than Civil War. I think the single-character movies are more entertaining than movies like the Avengers. The exception to this was Guardians of the Galaxy, which is just mind-blowingly awesome on so many levels.

2. I actually am PUMPED for Suicide Squad. I thought that movie looked stupid when it was first announced, but the newest trailer makes it look like The Expendables with DC Villains. Count me in!

BTW - Gambit was delayed until 2017. All the articles I found on google are blocked at work, but if you do a search you will see that it was delayed.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Absolutely Captain America:Civil War. While I am excited for Batman vs. Superman, I think CA:CW might end up being the best MCU movie. I would put Dr. Strange third.

I'm not far off. If I were to put a full ranking list together (excluding Gambit because that did get moved to 2017) from top to bottom, this is what it looks like:

1. Captain America: Civil War
2. Batman vs Superman
3. Suicide Squad
4. Dr. Strange
5. X-Men: Apocolypse
6. Deadpool

100. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Half Shell (It isn't because I don't love TMNT either because I absolutely do, but as much as I love TMNT, I equally can't stand Michael Bay and his methodical ruining of my childhood icons)

RayShimley

Sep 9, 2008
White Bear Lake, MN
I'm not far off. If I were to put a full ranking list together (excluding Gambit because that did get moved to 2017) from top to bottom, this is what it looks like:

1. Captain America: Civil War
2. Batman vs Superman
3. Suicide Squad
4. Dr. Strange
5. X-Men: Apocolypse
6. Deadpool

100. Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Half Shell (It isn't because I don't love TMNT either because I absolutely do, but as much as I love TMNT, I equally can't stand Michael Bay and his methodical ruining of my childhood icons)

Tough call for me.

I think I'd go:

1. Capt. America: Civil War. Avengers 2 was a bit of a letdown, but I have hopes this will get things back on track. Plus, SPIDERMAN.
2. X-Men Apocalypse: I'll always have a soft side for THESE X-men from growing up on the Saturday morning FOX cartoon and the glory days of the Uncanny X-men comic books.
3. Deadpool. Love everything I have seen so far, but it is one of those movies that could end up being awesome or terrible.
4. Suicide Squad. Just looks like a really fun movie with a great cast.
5. Dr. Strange. Just know so little about it at this point I'm not hyped at all yet. Could change once I see a trailer.
6. Batman vs Superman. Just not convinced on the Zach Snyder-verse yet. Much preferred the Christopher Nolan-verse.

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA

Triggermv

Jul 16, 2010
Marion, IA
Yeah, I know it isn't part of the MCU, but is anyone planning on going to Deadpool when it comes out on Friday?

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Yeah, I know it isn't part of the MCU, but is anyone planning on going to Deadpool when it comes out on Friday?

There's a drive-in near us that's showing it as the second movie in a double feature. We thought about going, but decided against it when we figured the oldest two kids, 10 and 8, would still be awake to watch it. We don't shelter them too much but thought that Deadpool might be a little over-the-top...