Random Thoughts V

Status
Not open for further replies.

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
MSU under the assumption that Iowa will lose in the conference championship.

Honestly, I'd rather have OSU be undefeated because then they'd be playing with a purpose in the conference championship game to make it into the playoff.
That's true. Though I think Michigan State would play hard to try and leapfrog in. Also, I'll be cheering for Stanford against Notre Dame just as back up even though I don't mind ND and I HATE the Stanford marching band.

CycloneRulzzz

Gameday Guru
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
So people who are smarter than me when it comes to football. Who do I want to win the OSU-MSU game? I was thinking MSU since that would drop OSU and put Oklahoma State and Oklahoma in a better chance to get in if they keep winning (Since I'm assuming Iowa will lose in the big 10 championship game. Am I wrong on this?

OSU so winner of Michigan OSU plays Iowa hopefully Michigan. If Nebby doesn't derail Iowa's perfect season i want it to be by Harbaugh and Rudock.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
That's true. Though I think Michigan State would play hard to try and leapfrog in. Also, I'll be cheering for Stanford against Notre Dame just as back up even though I don't mind ND and I HATE the Stanford marching band.
As long as you aren't cheering for Stanford tonight. :yes: my Ducks need them to lose.

cyrocksmypants

Dec 29, 2008
Washington DC

I'm actually cheering for Notre Dame. If it's down to one spot between a one loss team and an undefeated Iowa team, I think Notre Dame at least has a puncher's chance to beat out Iowa for that spot.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
Nope, want Cal to win. The only reason I'm cheering for them against Notre Dame is to give the big 12 more wiggle room. If Notre Dame was 10th, I'd be cheering for them in that game.
Standford/Notre Dame for me, any other year, would be the equivalent of Iowa/Nebraska. Stanford has crapped on enough seasons for me.

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
Excellent. OSU loses. Win out and there's no denying my Irish will be in the playoff. Now we just need Iowa to lose
I actually think MSU is a far more physical team and a better matchup than OSU if we're talking which team is better suited to take down Iowa. After what they did to Oregon's rushing game, what real shot does Iowa have?

CloneFan4

Aug 5, 2010
West Des Moines
I actually think MSU is a far more physical team and a better matchup than OSU if we're talking which team is better suited to take down Iowa. After what they did to Oregon's rushing game, what real shot does Iowa have?

Hey that's why they play the game. But I agree with you. Hopefully it doesn't get to that and Nebby beats em next weekend!

WooBadger18

Sep 5, 2012
On Wisconsin
By the way, CG called me by my first name in a PM last night and it wasn't weird to me. Y'all are weird for thinking it's weird.
No, you're weird for thinking it's not weird. It's like nicknames. There are some people who can call you a certain name whereas if others do it it's just weird.

Last edited:

Cyclonick182

Oct 12, 2007
Orlando, FL
Yep. But if they lose there's still an outside chance they get in at 5-7.

BTW let me know if you end up going to the G-Eazy concert.
I like Nebbys chances in this situation.

I won't have any idea on the concert for awhile yet. My first day is the 14th. I can say for 100% certainty that I will be at The Academy is... on the 14th at House of Blues of Orlando :yes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron