Movie trivia

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Arkansas Cyclone

Nov 25, 2006
Bentonville, Arkansas
okay, this is somewhat of the 'boring' period and I'm totally tired of the WJ thing and football's too far away.

with all the response to the new Indiana Jones movie I thought it might be interesting to throw a little movie trivia out there.

I'll pose a question - try to answer it off the top of your head without looking it up and follow it up with another question. It can be a quote or something distinguishable about that movie.

In what movie would you find the 5 point palm exploding heart technique?

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
okay, this is somewhat of the 'boring' period and I'm totally tired of the WJ thing and football's too far away.

with all the response to the new Indiana Jones movie I thought it might be interesting to throw a little movie trivia out there.

I'll pose a question - try to answer it off the top of your head without looking it up and follow it up with another question. It can be a quote or something distinguishable about that movie.

In what movie would you find the 5 point palm exploding heart technique?

Kill bill Vol. 2.

What is the Cubs' opponent in "Ferris Bueller's Day Off"?

dahliaclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 4, 2007
Minneapolis
Kill Bill Vol. II....

My question:
How many times has Steven Spielberg been honored for Best Director at the Academy Awards and for which movie or movies?

coachdags

Speechless
Bookie
Mar 30, 2006
N.Dakota
Kill Bill Vol. II....

My question:
How many times has Steven Spielberg been honored for Best Director at the Academy Awards and for which movie or movies?
Two.......Schindler's List and Saving Private Ryan...(nominated 6x)...sorry looked it up.....:sad:

Question: In the movie White Man can't Jump....the fruit the begins with the letter "Q"......?

candg4ever

Oct 29, 2006
Nevada, IA
Two.......Schindler's List and Saving Private Ryan...(nominated 6x)...sorry looked it up.....:sad:

Question: In the movie White Man can't Jump....the fruit the begins with the letter "Q"......?

quince

Name the movie where an Iowa kid moves into a rent controlled apartment in NYC.

:biggrin::biggrin:

The answer is not "Secret of My Sucess"

Last edited:

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
A pint.

OK wait. If you guys are really us, what number are we thinking of?

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure!

"He's a nut-bag! Just because the ****er's got a library card doesn't make him Yoda!"

jperickson23

Apr 10, 2006
Des Moines
I assume Joe's apartment is correct so I'll way in with a question.

There are 3 actors in the classic movie "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" that went on to win an Oscar for best actor. Can you name them?

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
I assume Joe's apartment is correct so I'll way in with a question.

There are 3 actors in the classic movie "Fast Times At Ridgemont High" that went on to win an Oscar for best actor. Can you name them?

Fantastic question!!! Is it Sean Penn, Forest Whitaker, and Nic Cage?

coachdags

Speechless
Bookie
Mar 30, 2006
N.Dakota
Movie quote.......Who was always Oiling and Lotioning, Oiling and Lotioning.....?

Who and what Movie......?