New foreign commit - Giorgos Tsalmpouris

Status
Not open for further replies.

NorthCyd

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 22, 2011
He measures at 7'1, but his neck is so long, that in reality or from a functional standpoint he is really like a 6'9 guy. His wing span is actually shorter than Nader and McKay. But what the heck, if he has skills and can play is the main thing anyway.

This is so dumb it hurts.

ILikeCy

Dec 16, 2008
Omaha
He measures at 7'1, but his neck is so long, that in reality or from a functional standpoint he is really like a 6'9 guy. His wing span is actually shorter than Nader and McKay. But what the heck, if he has skills and can play is the main thing anyway.
I think you're trying to make a point about his "standing reach" measurement, but too much fail got in the way.

CTTB78

Apr 7, 2006
Thinking the same thing. It was embarrassing. Peterson practically apologizing to the kid for landing in Ames, and then trying to find out why he didn't turn pro, and assuming he'll be gone after 1-2 seasons

I felt sorry for the kid. If this was his first exposure to the local press, he had to wonder why was he getting peppered by Peterson with such odd questions.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa

Whenever someone says something stupid about GT we should always reply "Just cayin" instead of "Just sayin'."

D

Deleted member 6804

Strength Coach and food service have their work cut out for them success there and with the Fred factor it's a project worth taking on.

CornFedIABoy

Jan 8, 2014
Strength Coach and food service have their work cut out for them success there and with the Fred factor it's a project worth taking on.

A standard American diet will put plenty of mass on him this fall. It's up to the S&C staff to make sure that mass is the right kind.

brett108

May 1, 2010
Tulsa, OK

Did you sneak into his dorm with a tape measure?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines

This post made me laugh. Maybe he should grow an afro so he can be listed at 7'5 in the program. Sure, seven or eight inches of that height is hair and neck but man, can that kid play.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
BwsxqBCIgAES2iI.jpg

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
guy's arm looks like one of those sticky gel hands you buy in a .25 vending machine. huge. or the words of my coworker, "Uge"

Chitowncy

SuperFanatic
Jan 14, 2009
Ames

I urge you guys to stop with this kind of stuff. The things many people in this thread are saying could be construed as ridiculing / mocking this new Cyclone. Why make fun of his arms, or claim that he still brings lunchables to school? He is a Cyclone and doesn't deserve this mockery.

I recognize many of you don't believe it is mockery, and probably think your sarcasm / humor is all in good fun. But, just imagine how an 18 (I guess I assume Giorgos is 18) years old kid from Greece perceives these comments? He might be reading them and can't see the sarcasm; so why take the risk. Would you say these things to his face?

I would ask you stop making fun of his immutable characteristics like this just in case he reads these boards. I imagine (actually, I'm pretty certain) many of you have never been public figures. You don't know how damaging your anonymous message board comments can be. Therefore, act on the side of caution and don't make them. I hope you all will take my comments in stride as I do enjoy reading the entertaining / informative posts that many of you make.

Rant over.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron