New foreign commit - Giorgos Tsalmpouris

Status
Not open for further replies.

Guetterdone1

Jul 4, 2012
Ames
I urge you guys to stop with this kind of stuff. The things many people in this thread are saying could be construed as ridiculing / mocking this new Cyclone. Why make fun of his arms, or claim that he still brings lunchables to school? He is a Cyclone and doesn't deserve this mockery.

I recognize many of you don't believe it is mockery, and probably think your sarcasm / humor is all in good fun. But, just imagine how an 18 (I guess I assume Giorgos is 18) years old kid from Greece perceives these comments? He might be reading them and can't see the sarcasm; so why take the risk. Would you say these things to his face?

I would ask you stop making fun of his immutable characteristics like this just in case he reads these boards. I imagine (actually, I'm pretty certain) many of you have never been public figures. You don't know how damaging your anonymous message board comments can be. Therefore, act on the side of caution and don't make them. I hope you all will take my comments in stride as I do enjoy reading the entertaining / informative posts that many of you make.

Rant over.
To say that someone that just turned 18 has a baby face, when we're use to looking at 22 year olds and deandre Kane(24 at the time), is far from the worst thing the kid is going to hear. None of us made fun of his bball skills, attitude, or work ethic. Relax.

twocoach

Jan 13, 2014
Omaha
I urge you guys to stop with this kind of stuff. The things many people in this thread are saying could be construed as ridiculing / mocking this new Cyclone. Why make fun of his arms, or claim that he still brings lunchables to school? He is a Cyclone and doesn't deserve this mockery. I recognize many of you don't believe it is mockery, and probably think your sarcasm / humor is all in good fun. But, just imagine how an 18 (I guess I assume Giorgos is 18) years old kid from Greece perceives these comments? He might be reading them and can't see the sarcasm; so why take the risk. Would you say these things to his face? I would ask you stop making fun of his immutable characteristics like this just in case he reads these boards. I imagine (actually, I'm pretty certain) many of you have never been public figures. You don't know how damaging your anonymous message board comments can be. Therefore, act on the side of caution and don't make them. I hope you all will take my comments in stride as I do enjoy reading the entertaining / informative posts that many of you make. Rant over.
You forgot your jimlad (hopefully).

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I urge you guys to stop with this kind of stuff. The things many people in this thread are saying could be construed as ridiculing / mocking this new Cyclone. Why make fun of his arms, or claim that he still brings lunchables to school? He is a Cyclone and doesn't deserve this mockery.

I recognize many of you don't believe it is mockery, and probably think your sarcasm / humor is all in good fun. But, just imagine how an 18 (I guess I assume Giorgos is 18) years old kid from Greece perceives these comments? He might be reading them and can't see the sarcasm; so why take the risk. Would you say these things to his face?

I would ask you stop making fun of his immutable characteristics like this just in case he reads these boards. I imagine (actually, I'm pretty certain) many of you have never been public figures. You don't know how damaging your anonymous message board comments can be. Therefore, act on the side of caution and don't make them. I hope you all will take my comments in stride as I do enjoy reading the entertaining / informative posts that many of you make.

Rant over.

CW comes out with one thread saying don't make it personal and now everyone thinks they're on the message board police.

necromancy

Sep 11, 2007
Des Moines, Iowa

Rant over.

You forgot to mention that their comments aren't even funny.

Comments of that nature are seriously low class.

SoapyCy

Oct 10, 2012
grundy center
My comment about his sticky hands wasn't sarcasm at all. I think that's awesome and I'm jealous. With long arms and big hands he'll be a fantastic center.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
My comment about his sticky hands wasn't sarcasm at all. I think that's awesome and I'm jealous. With long arms and big hands he'll be a fantastic center.

Apparently me posting a picture of the sticky hands you were referring to put everyone over the edge.

sadam

Jan 8, 2014
Apparently me posting a picture of the sticky hands you were referring to put everyone over the edge.

Dandy you're one of my favorite posters. Please don't change your style, 99% of CF wouldn't think you did anything wrong.

Revolution

Oct 15, 2011
I think chitowncy's whole point is that the comments gain us nothing. They might not effect tsalmpouris at all. If they do then they only have the potential to damage the kid and the team we all cheer for. All for the sake of a couple of laughs.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
A standard American diet will put plenty of mass on him this fall. It's up to the S&C staff to make sure that mass is the right kind.

It's too bad Hometeam Pizza is no longer there. The fattest I ever got was when I was 21 and had a buddy who worked at Hometeam. I bet GT could have gained 15-20 pounds before tip off this year on a serious Hometeam regimen.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
It's too bad Hometeam Pizza is no longer there. The fattest I ever got was when I was 21 and had a buddy who worked at Hometeam. I bet GT could have gained 15-20 pounds before tip off this year on a serious Hometeam regimen.

hometeam was awesome. Back in the day you could get 3 pizzas for $9.99

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Geesh, a dude can't find anywhere to yuck it up around here anymore.

Clone9

Nov 12, 2006
Boston, MA
Wasn't there a 7 footer in the NBA who had small hands and it really held him back? Shawn Bradley maybe? I don't remember, I guess my point is that having big hands as a 7 footer isn't a given....so this is a good thing.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Wasn't there a 7 footer in the NBA who had small hands and it really held him back? Shawn Bradley maybe? I don't remember, I guess my point is that having big hands as a 7 footer isn't a given....so this is a good thing.

His hands do not look small. That said, I went to Universal Studios amusement park in Cali and they had the hand sizes of fifteen stars. All were huge like Royce had except for one forward who would drop the ball during games. The stars like Scottie Pippen and Moses Malone had big hands.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron