Sprint, Framily plan

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
I was considering switching to this being that it would be 25 dollars a month it seems like a great deal. Any one on this plan or have sprint for their cell phone coverage? It doesnt seem to have a lot of areas under full power in NE Iowa so Im not sure its worth switching for me. Any help would be appreciated :)

00clone

Apr 12, 2011
Iowa City area
Wanna be in my framily?:wubclub:

For NE Iowa, you could be in trouble. It's been a while since I've been up there a lot, but it's good on the major highways (20, 218, etc), but off on the state highways and county roads, you can lose coverage.

isufbcurt

Apr 21, 2006
Newton
The plan itself is good and we like it. I personally always am complaining to my wife though about Sprints coverage. I get horrible reception at my shop in Des Moines, horrible reception on I-35 up to Ames and I don't have the best service at our house in Ames. If they could get their coverage area working better it would be a great plan.

mb7299

Mar 15, 2013
Iowa Falls
the coverage stuff is what I was afraid of, I think thatd be frustrating as all get out to be part of Sprint because of that.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
First and foremost, Sprint's coverage sucks. I use their coverage through Ting and the only reason I put up with it is that my wife and I's bill is <$45 a month.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
First and foremost, Sprint's coverage sucks. I use their coverage through Ting and the only reason I put up with it is that my wife and I's bill is <$45 a month.

I would have considered switching to Sprint after I married my wife - if her phone wasn't roaming in our apartment. In eastern Davenport. Where she basically had to step outside of the building to take a call so she wasn't roaming. Nice to see their coverage has improved over the years...

Verizon's customer service sucks, I can't renew my contract to get a discounted phone because I'll lose my unlimited data, and it's bloody expensive - but I put up with it because the phone works practically everywhere.

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I would have considered switching to Sprint after I married my wife - if her phone wasn't roaming in our apartment. In eastern Davenport. Where she basically had to step outside of the building to take a call so she wasn't roaming. Nice to see their coverage has improved over the years...

Verizon's customer service sucks, I can't renew my contract to get a discounted phone because I'll lose my unlimited data, and it's bloody expensive - but I put up with it because the phone works practically everywhere.

One day I'll probably make the switch to Verizon, but for now, my current bill is too good of a deal to pass up.

theantiAIRBHG

May 25, 2011
Hiawatha, IA

Thats weird that you didn't grandfathered in on the unlimited data plan at Verizon. When Ms A and I upgraded last time they did it for us.

cyhawkdmb

Jul 13, 2010
CB
I am a framily member in sw Iowa. No issues with coverage. Issues with data in rural areas but I can live with that. I am at the $35 mark. Need to get a couple more people to join my framily.

Cyclones_R_GR8

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 10, 2007
Omaha
I have used Sprint for years. Yes the coverage is lousy once you leave the main roads but with the unlimited plan you don't pay extra for roaming. Besides, any time work can't get a hold of me can be a good thing at times.
I get tired of getting called on vacation when they haven't even tried anyone else.

drmwevr08

Nov 25, 2006
Tempe, az
We've been trying to find a decent price and it's tough anymore. You either pay for good service, get nailed on the phone price or accept spotty service or deal with one of the wifi dependent providers. You're giving something up no matter what. I've had verizon since before it was verizon and I'm almost done paying their high prices. Wife is looking into republic for herself.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron