RECRUITING: Hallice Cooke visiting this weekend

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
I think 3000 is a tad bit generous. :jimlad:
BMNHODAWADCFOLM.20130726230301.jpg

This isn't their practice facility?

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
Ya, I've been down on Matt, but I'll be the first to admit, that I was wrong. He's proving he is very good at free agency and a top notch transfer recruiter. If he lands one or both of these two to go with BDJ, that's pretty amazing.

I would like to think MA is building his recruiting resume similar to how CFH started building ISU. Get transfers first and use that to build a profile to eventually land a big time high school recruit.

If MA lands Cooke and Anderson along with BDJ then uses his NYC upbringing to land Cheick Diallo, everyone will be more than in love with him. He's still a young coach and recruiter so he is going to get better and better. Him and CFH are a great one-two punch.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
To be fair to myself I haven't heard one positive thing about Oregon State's program so I really did think that could be their real gym. I've had a few Monday beers though so that probably doesn't help.

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
I would like to think MA is building his recruiting resume similar to how CFH started building ISU. Get transfers first and use that to build a profile to eventually land a big time high school recruit.

If MA lands Cooke and Anderson along with BDJ then uses his NYC upbringing to land Cheick Diallo, everyone will be more than in love with him. He's still a young coach and recruiter so he is going to get better and better. Him and CFH are a great one-two punch.

I also think the transfer market much more closely resembles Fred and Matt's previous front office experience. It's a much shorter cycle, more business like, and the people your recruiting are experienced enough to know what is important and what is not.

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
@ChrisMWilliams: Spoke to Hallice Cooke. ISU is only scheduled visit at this time. Will have full update posted in morning. #Cyclones

Dandy

Future CF Mod
Oct 11, 2012
Western Iowa
This is me stealing CW's thunder. Sorry, CW!

@ChrisMWilliams: Hallice Cooke told me that he just happened to be at ISU's Sweet 16 game in New York. He was home on spring break. Small world. #Cyclones

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN

If they can reel in Diallo and the two transfers, a national championship in 2015-2016 is extremely attainable. And it would make future recruiting even better/easier.

CyArob

Why are you the way that you are?
Apr 22, 2011
MN
This is me stealing CW's thunder. Sorry, CW!

@ChrisMWilliams: Hallice Cooke told me that he just happened to be at ISU's Sweet 16 game in New York. He was home on spring break. Small world. #Cyclones

He's ours. Now he just needs to help seal the deal with Anderson.

kentkel

Apr 12, 2006
I saw one tweet that said that CFH likes the buddy system when it comes to transfers that have to sit one year. I hadn't thought about that in regards to this situation - Anderson and Cooke. Also, think about that level of talent on the practice squad! It will only make our team better prepared for the big boys on our schedule. Make it happen Fred!

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
To be fair to myself I haven't heard one positive thing about Oregon State's program so I really did think that could be their real gym. I've had a few Monday beers though so that probably doesn't help.

It is no ISU, but OSU is not a bad place. Why are we bashing OSU again?

Cooke is a hard worker with good potential. A year to work with Fred and he will be great for 3 years (if he decides to come, obviously). I think Fred is his best bet to become Ann NBA level pg as well.

Last edited:

1Nation

May 16, 2013
CA
If we are seriously in on Ellenson, Noskowiak and Diallo....count me as one to pass on Cooke. He's going to take one of their scholarships. And everyone seems to be ALL IN on the 2015-16 team, I have to assume you'd rather have those three also right?