Open up the check book, Mr. Pollard

4dyceclone

Oct 23, 2013
DSM
Lets get Fred a raise. I think 3 mil a year sounds fair.

Self gets 3mil. Even Barnes gets 2.2 mil.

Lock him up now and end the NBA speculation. No more home town discounts.

Hoiberg is ISU Basketball.

DSMCy

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 1, 2013
West Des Moines
This has been said in other threads but I don't think money is an issue with Fred. I can't see him leaving for a paycheck. With that said, I totally agree, give him a raise to show you appreciate what he's building here.
Oh and maybe try to up that NBA buyout..

crash_zone

Apr 10, 2006
Sioux Falls, SD
Leave it up to him. If he wants a raise, give it to him. If he wants his assistants to have it, that works too. Not sure he really wants more money if it would be better spent somewhere else in the program.

Me State

Oct 19, 2007
Leave it up to him. If he wants a raise, give it to him. If he wants his assistants to have it, that works too. Not sure he really wants more money if it would be better spent somewhere else in the program.
This. Just make sure to give him whatever he requests.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Let Fred decide this one - if he wants the money, pay the man. If he wants the money to go to his assistants, pay them. Whatever Fred wants, give it to him. If Fred wants his name on the court, put it there. ISU is a PROGRAM now, and Fred is responsible for it.

JtownCy

Mar 25, 2013
Johnston
I did the math. By my count we had 16 home games this year with almost every game being a sellout (lay off me I'm drunk and too lazy to look up exactly which games were and which games were not a sellout and my guess would be tickets are only going to be harder to get going forward). Hilton holds 14,384. Raise the price of each ticket by 4 or 5 bucks and you easily have the money to pay Hoiberg an extra a million a year. I really don't think anyone is going to object to the small raise in ticket prices to keep him around. I know I wouldn't!

Jsievers24

Jan 8, 2014
Johnston, IA
Whatever we do let's just keep him here please. I do think that no matter how this season ends, Fred is enjoying coaching this team, and I think Fred can see the chance to win a championship at ISU if he stays long term... How could he not think about legacy in this situation, if we won a championship, or even get a couple of final four appearances they would probably name the entire university and every building on campus after him - and every street in Ames after him

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Obviously give fred what he wants\needs.

And... i hope we find the money not just for Fred, but to keep Sadler around as well. He may want another HC job in the future or he might not, but until then lets lock him up here. He's clearly had a positive effect here.

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
I did the math. By my count we had 16 home games this year with almost every game being a sellout (lay off me I'm drunk and too lazy to look up exactly which games were and which games were not a sellout and my guess would be tickets are only going to be harder to get going forward). Hilton holds 14,384. Raise the price of each ticket by 4 or 5 bucks and you easily have the money to pay Hoiberg an extra a million a year. I really don't think anyone is going to object to the small raise in ticket prices to keep him around. I know I wouldn't!
I'd be fine with that, but $5 per game is $100 per season and I guarantee you'd have some ticked off season ticket holders. I'll bet the cheap seats go up to $200 at least.

stormchaser2014

Mar 12, 2012
Wisconsin
5b7f21992a760d7203d256aced47feb23d5ed31bf0afedb2c24b2cd11510acb7.jpg

All that's in my wallet right now

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
Pollard needs to just hand him a blank check and say "whatever is in the bank account...It's yours"

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
I think that I can safely say, without being too much of a homer, that Fred is one of the brilliant offensive minds in college basketball today. And one hell of an overall coach.

I don't think that's homer at all. Virtually everyone was singing his praises going into the tournament, and I'm sure he's won over the rest of the doubters by now.

cycloneworld

Facebook Knows All
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 20, 2006
Urbandale, IA
Self has a title, 10 conference championships, and how many final fours? Fred doesn't deserve Self money (yet) but he should definitely be in the top 1/3 of the conference. The program is clearly on the rise but let's not get too carried away about one Sweet 16 appearance.

F5cy

May 1, 2011
Washington, D.C.
Whatever we do let's just keep him here please. I do think that no matter how this season ends, Fred is enjoying coaching this team, and I think Fred can see the chance to win a championship at ISU if he stays long term... How could he not think about legacy in this situation, if we won a championship, or even get a couple of final four appearances they would probably name the entire university and every building on campus after him - and every street in Ames after him

I don't think the city of Ames has enough sense to do that. But offer to build something on the floodplain and maybe they'd change their tune.

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
I think that I can safely say, without being too much of a homer, that Fred is one of the brilliant offensive minds in college basketball today. And one hell of an overall coach.

Agreed, you simply don't lose one of your star offensive talents, and then proceed to score 85 points on an NCAA tournament caliber team without knowing a thing or two about coaching offense.