MSG Tickets

GWad

Aug 22, 2013
Cue the folks who will ***** about how expensive NYC is. "Oh why, oh why did we have to go to NYC blah blah blah"

2forISU

Oct 8, 2008
Please PM me if anyone has any information on tickets.

Flying in to Philly might be cheaper. Two hour drive or can take the Amtrak to NYC. For people coming to the East Coast there is plenty of options for hotel and lodging that is reasonable.

ISUCyclones2015

Doesn't wipe standing up
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2010
Chicago, IL
I might fly in to Boston and stay with a friend that goes to Babson College out there. Then take the train for the games.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Please PM me if anyone has any information on tickets.

Flying in to Philly might be cheaper. Two hour drive or can take the Amtrak to NYC. For people coming to the East Coast there is plenty of options for hotel and lodging that is reasonable.

Fly Omaha to DC non stop on Frontier and take the train up to NYC.

cyrevkah

Apr 12, 2008
Ames, IA
Just for fun we thought we'd see how much it would be to take the family on the trip. It's $1054 for a child.....

clonechemist

Apr 3, 2007
Philadelphia
For anyone looking for east coast transportation very cheap, I recommend Megabus:

https://us.megabus.com/

It runs pretty often all the way from DC to Boston, with several stops along the way. Amtrak is also an option (generally faster due to no traffic and also more comfortable) but also more expensive.

RedlineSi

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 20, 2006
Twin Cities
If anyone has access to tickets they can't use, PLEASE contact me. 5 of us are going. I'm not high enough of a Cyclone Club member to buy them from ISU.

mikedp

Dec 15, 2008
Ames, IA
Iowa State’s NCAA ticket allotment for the East Regional games will be allocated as follows:

• Cyclone Club Members - 913 Tickets
  • Iowa State Students - 187 tickets
  • Participating Student-Athlete’s Family/Guests - 76 tickets
  • Coaches’ Family and Administrative Travel Party - 74 tickets
Because of the extremely limited availability, only Cyclone Club members who are also men’s basketball season ticketholders at the Directors (maximum four tickets), Victory (four tickets), Captains (two tickets) and Gold (two tickets) levels may request tickets. Tickets to the East Regional cost $295, $250, or $200 (depending on location) and are good for all-sessions (regional semi-final games and regional final game), regardless if Iowa State advances or not.

ericlambi

Mar 24, 2006
I might fly in to Boston and stay with a friend that goes to Babson College out there. Then take the train for the games.

My Dad is doing the same (I live in Boston). Got a decent flight off Hotwire without knowing the times for low $400s (Thu through Mon) fyi. I just went stubhub for tickets, hope there wasn't a much better option. They are insanely expensive. From what I gather, companies just buy the seats and expense them to give to clients who want to go. The result is that no one cares about the price. If my company allowed, I probably could have gone for free from a half dozen of the companies I work with.

The_Architect

Apr 11, 2006
Anyone know if you can take a train/subway from Newark to Manhatten or if its better to cab. I've never been there.

Cyrocks

Mar 12, 2009
Anyone know if you can take a train/subway from Newark to Manhatten or if its better to cab. I've never been there.

Take the train. It is cheap and it goes right to Penn Station. MSG is just up the steps and to the left. (;0)

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle

You can do both. Granted I've never done it in the 6 months that I've been up here. Generally cabs are faster / more direct, but are more expensive. Google maps has a good mass transit function that will tell you what trains to take.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
You might want to consider flying into Newark, staying in New Jersey somewhere and take the train to Penn Station. It might mean cheaper rooms.

New York is not as expensive as most people think, especially if they follow your advice. I just checked Orbitz. $507 flight arrives Noon Friday and returns Monday. $89/night hotel at the Newark Ramada. Take trains from EWR to Penn Station, go upstairs, and you are there.

It isn't cheap, but this is the same kind of money you would have paid in San Antonio.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
There's a train from EWR to roughly the area where the twin towers were. Pretty cheap and easy.

Uh, take the train to Penn Station with MSG just above it.