Status
Not open for further replies.

cyclones12321

Feb 21, 2009
Newton Ia

NATEizKING

Feb 18, 2011
Hilton
With Custer, Morris, Thomas and then if Grandstaff goes to ISU could be one of the best shooting teams in ISU history if they live up to their potential. If somebody signed like Vaughn Final 4 wouldn't be out of the question imo. Maybe i've put to much vodka in my cool aid idk.

Well, Vaughn would most likely be gone by the time Grandstaff gets here.

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
I like how Custer is "his boy". Good stuff to see and bodes well for us.

The fact that Fred is already involved (the contact) with AG, and he's "boys" with Custer is good for us. He seems to have another pretty good friend (Elijah Thomas) who really seems to like KU. I don't know if, or how hard KU is recruiting AG, but it seems there has been some contact (says he visited Lawrence last year). It remains to be seen if KU will offer - but if they do, he might have equal or more pulling him in that direction.

If that happens, and we prevail - it will because Fred got involved early.

Last edited:

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
I think Grandstaff will ultimately be a top 30 recruit before it's all said an done. He has a great shot, good handkerchief, and a good amount of athleticism. He's already ranked higher than Thomas, actually.
I have no idea how excited to get about this.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006
The fact that Fred is already involved (the contact) with AG, and he's "boys" with Custer is good for us. He seems to have another pretty good friend (Elijah Thomas) who really seems to like KU. I don't know if, or how hard KU is recruiting AG, but it seems there has been some contact (says he visited Lawrence last year). It remains to be seen if KU will offer - but if they do, he might have equal or more pulling him in that direction.

If that happens, and we prevail - it will because Fred got involved early.

If our recent history with KU prevails KU will get Grandstaff and he will convince Custer to go with him.

I keed...I think.

erikbj

Aug 31, 2006
hiawatha, ia
With Custer, Morris, Thomas and then if Grandstaff goes to ISU could be one of the best shooting teams in ISU history if they live up to their potential. If somebody signed like Vaughn Final 4 wouldn't be out of the question imo. Maybe i've put to much vodka in my cool aid idk.

should have been in the final four this year if the refs had not screwed ISU.

WastedTalent

Oct 22, 2012

If all this happens that 2015 team is shaping up to be a very unique bunch. Great point guards, plenty of shooting power, one or two athletic freaks, and the Niang mis match down low.....goosebumps.

Where is the Final Four that year again??

Koolman

Dec 4, 2012
Kansas City
If all this happens that 2015 team is shaping up to be a very unique bunch. Great point guards, plenty of shooting power, one or two athletic freaks, and the Niang mis match down low.....goosebumps.

Lucas Oil Stadium Indianapolis.

Dingus

May 23, 2013
Niang gone by 2015 IMO

You think Niang is going pro after his sophomore or junior seasons? I think Niang is a fantastic player and will continue to improve, but don't see him as a high NBA prospect. His size and athleticism are major hurdles for him at the next level. Niang leaving after his junior year is the only way he doesn't stay 4 years, and I see that as 50/50 at most.

mustangcy

Apr 11, 2006
Bloomfield
Remember when a 4 star top 50 kid visiting would send CF into high flying hysterics? Now we're all...hey cool, looking forward to this....:smile:

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
You think Niang is going pro after his sophomore or junior seasons? I think Niang is a fantastic player and will continue to improve, but don't see him as a high NBA prospect. His size and athleticism are major hurdles for him at the next level. Niang leaving after his junior year is the only way he doesn't stay 4 years, and I see that as 50/50 at most.

Niang leaving early would be a GREAT problem to have... Aka blowing up on the national scene with a huge season.

Fred will reload... Just get em to the NBA and they will come.

JVAR

Mar 27, 2006
Eagle Grove, IA

You would think that we are setting good with Jarvis Johnson too with his sister coming in 2014 to play for Fennelly. They are very close. He has a similar heart condition as Fred as he has a pacemaker too. They say he could be top 50 player as well. Jarvis Johnson - Yahoo! Sports

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.