Who's YOUR starting QB?

jbindm

Dec 2, 2010
Des Moines
Rohach. At least for today. During spring practices, probably Richardson. Then, after CPR's press conference following the spring game, Lanning. After that, I'll flip back to Rohach when fall practice starts up but then change my mind again when I hear that Richardson looks better, and then I'll change my mind again when CPR singles out Campbell for his accelerated development, and then I expect Starcevich to be under center for the first game. After that, a real QB controversy begins.

mac4cy

Jul 16, 2009
Urbandale
Lanning. But truly I think Rohach will be under center at the start of the season. Richardson is going to get his shot. My question is; If Richardson doesn't get the starting job will he then transfer out?

RustShack

Chiefs Dynasty
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jan 27, 2010
Overland Park
Mangino said the new QB commit was exactly what they want in a QB, and I feel like he would be closer to Richardsons abilities. Also, could very likely just be coach speak too.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
Johhny Utah and/or Shane Falco

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
I still think SBR has a great shot when healthy. I like the extra dimension he brings.

But I am much happier thinking about a SBR/Rohach battle than a Janz/Barnett battle.

huntt26

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
po' dUnk
This will not happen, but if this guy wins the job that would be awesome. Not because I don't like the other guys, but because it means this guy is legit.

Darius Lee-Campbell. New offensive staff, new QB, new offense.

[video=youtube;pseVtTrUCWY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pseVtTrUCWY[/video]

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
Richardson. He has a new teacher and will healthy.

Luth4Cy

Sep 19, 2012
Ames, IA
Mangino said the new QB commit was exactly what they want in a QB, and I feel like he would be closer to Richardsons abilities. Also, could very likely just be coach speak too.

Thankfully, Mangino is smarter than a previous coordinator. He understands that it makes sense to start the best QB, and then adapt the offense to him, rather than forcing a QB to do things he is incapable of. Because of this, I wouldn't look too much into the idea that our starting QB has to be able to run X number of zone reads a game.

pavlov

Dec 1, 2012
I would say Rohach. I think Rohach showed improvement and growth each game he played. Richardson for me was a one game wonder, played very well against Kansas then slumped (with excuses to match each inconsistent showing). Had I seen steady progress from SR, perhaps I would have thought toss up, but for right now, I back the guy that has shown steady progress. It just makes sense!

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
Oh god, Lee Campbell's been signed one day and some people already have him on the top of our depth charts.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Rohach for the NDSU game
Sammy for the next three.
Lanning for the following four.
DLC cleanup for the last four regular and bowl game.

Cyclone07

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 3, 2013
Ames, IA
Lanning. Standout on scout team last season, and with his dual threat ability and durability I think he will ultimately be the starter.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron