*** OFFICIAL ISU-IOWA POSTGAME THREAD ***

CycloneWarning

Jan 14, 2008
Anybody that wants to argue that Niang is not the MVP of this team (so far), like posts last week, is just an idiot.

/nfm

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
This team is straight gansta

We played pretty poorly the whole game and down five with 80 seconds remaining and still won

you're a pretty reasonable poster. Please tell me what the stats look like when ISU is playing average? Because if 48% from the field and 36% from three is you guys playing poorly, you guys are the greatest basketball team ever assembled.

CloneDontCare

Jul 27, 2009
Niang is a beast. It's just kinda hilarious how he's struggled (and even fouled out) against inferior competition, but is clutch as hell against the toughest teams.

Which, yeah, I'll take.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
you're a pretty reasonable poster. Please tell me what the stats look like when ISU is playing average? Because if 48% from the field and 36% from three is you guys playing poorly, you guys are the greatest basketball team ever assembled.

Well we shot 58% or so in the second half so they were straight bad in the first.

We average more than 10 made threes a game. We started out 1 for 8 and ended up with 6 makes.

A lot of room for improvement on D as well.

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Kane azz pass off Woody results in 3 pt play, eventual margin of victory. Need to find it for new screensaver.

Wish they would have left McCabe and Jok in together more, would have built a lead.

McCabe 0-everything and shooting 3 at end? :biglaugh:
Wouldn't you hate to be the one to have to live that pass down. My son and I just looked at each other in disbelief.

carvers4math

Mar 15, 2012
Gonna give a shoutout for Morris. Thought he helped quite a bit in little ways, quicker feet on D than Naz or Thomas. Also Hogue when he was on Marble, did a good job. He got loose a little on us when Hogue not on him.

Dryburn

Apr 3, 2006
Somewhere in the U.S.
All I have to say is I think I am too old to be following this team....too many come from behind wins when there really is no way they should be winning. I'm going to start following Cornell instead.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny
Among the bizarre statistical details of that game: Kane seemed to look the iffiest he has all season — still had 9 assists.

Only one turnover as well. He struggled to score against the big bodies inside but still made an impact

cyatheart

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 18, 2008
I thought Fran really hurt himself by playing guys that really did not need to be getting minutes. Won't mention names, but there were guys that played a lot that hurt Iowa. Fran, while a very good coach, out thinks himself sometimes.

He also has got to get his guys to stop fouling. Iowa reaches, grabs, hacks and sets a ton of illegal screens and it really really hurts them down the stretch in road games. They have to clean that up and play about 3 less guys. 3 or 4 guys for Iowa that have no business playing on that team.

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
Georges Niang is a gangster closer. He's Capone in the last five minutes of every game. I ******* love that guy.

WhatchaGonnaDo

Jun 28, 2011
My friends were worried that I was too drunk when I kept putting my head in my hands.

In actuality I was just FREAKING THE **** OUT

mitten1975

Oct 27, 2012
Gonna give a shoutout for Morris. Thought he helped quite a bit in little ways, quicker feet on D than Naz or Thomas. Also Hogue when he was on Marble, did a good job. He got loose a little on us when Hogue not on him.
I always shout for Morris when I have the chance. He really helped us tonight, solid all the way around. We are so fortunate to have him on the team.

cyhiphopp

Staff member
Jan 9, 2009
Ankeny

Monte was clutch taking over for Kane in the first. Not a ton of stats but did his job well.

Clark

Jun 24, 2009
Altoona
Well we shot 58% or so in the second half so they were straight bad in the first.

We average more than 10 made threes a game. We started out 1 for 8 and ended up with 6 makes.

A lot of room for improvement on D as well.

well you can't make what you don't shoot. Your three point percentage matches your season average. I can't imagine ISU is shooting much better than 48% from the floor on the year.

It just makes me laugh that you guys can't admit that ISU played well. Did they have the greatest game they'll play all year? no. But that doesn't mean they played bad.

And hippity, Iowa is a pretty good offensive team. They don't make it look as pretty as ISU does, but they get the job done anyway.

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE
Good to see the team playing to win games down the stretch this year. I've even had Husker fans and Creighton fans tell me ISU is fun to watch play basketball. I never thought I'd hear that here in Omaha. Great game! Go State!