*** OFFICIAL ISU-IOWA POSTGAME THREAD ***

JohnnyFive

Feb 25, 2012
I think this is what Iowa can expect when they play good opponents. They'll bring intensity, they'll play hard, and fall short almost every time. They just don't have enough guys with actual talent to get the job done.

This is spot on. Iowa plays hard and they're long so they get a lot of hands on balls, but offensively when Marble graduates they will be in serious trouble. White is a good player, and they do get a lot of high-percentage inside baskets but as we saw last night nobody else but Marble on that team scares anyone consistently both off the dribble or from deep. Gessell is a nice player too but he's not Marble.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
I think this is what Iowa can expect when they play good opponents. They'll bring intensity, they'll play hard, and fall short every time. They just don't have enough guys with actual talent to get the job done.

FIFY

swarthmoreCY

Aug 9, 2008
Here nor there
It would be nice to have a big post like Woodbury or Olaseni available off of the bench. That said, I only see Iowa when they play ISU, so there is a good chance I see them fired up and at their best.

ojoe2317

Jan 2, 2012
Yeah he is pretty limited by himself. However... putting him out top running around kind randomly on defense really messed up ISUs offensive flow.

And he is the KING of sticking his hip out to hook a guy when setting a screen. He could have been whistled for that 50 times. Drove me nuts it was never called. All that time he should be doing the Mikan drill in practice he was apparently learning how to set sneaky illegal ball screens.

This. This +1000000.

Also this.

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there
Initially I thought Kane didn't make the right choice on the last shot of the game but watching it again, you can see him point out to Ejim like Ejim was supposed to take McCabe. Getting nit picky about a great win but that could've been a big mistake.