What excuse will EIU come up with?

Krug

Sep 4, 2010
Ankeny
Refs were pretty bad both ways. I saw two even teams on the court tonight. Hilton was the difference.

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
Iowa is a very good team and they played a hell of a game! Coming up with lame excuses just diminishes that.

They can likely find several excuses and we could point to our free throw woes. None of it matters. We won, but there wasn't a clearly better team tonight.

marothisu

Jun 15, 2009
NYC
Not an excuse by them, but on Twitter, they're so butthurt that they're bringing up bowl games, the overall record of the series, etc like it actually matters to this year's basketball season.

Iowa fans should be confident - they have a really good team, but bringing up those types of things above just makes them look like sore losers and douchebags with no confidence.

InCytful

Jun 11, 2010
Omaha, NE
I don't listen to EIU sports talk, so I would neither know or care what excuses they have. We won. End of story.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
8-0 is all that matters.
Suck it hoks!

I will say though, very impressed with their team. Not many teams could handle that pace they for e you to play. They were much better than Michigan and will easily make the tourney and that kills me to admit.

Ry4Cy

Nov 4, 2010
Ankeny
I have gotten texts from some and all have said the refs screwed them...funny thing is they are the same people who say we complain about the refs to much.

ISU_phoria

Apr 10, 2006
Andover, MN
Well, currently on HN you have:

Refs/FT's

Officiating.

This is obvious....they will say the refs as we shot 15 more free throws than them.

Fouls no doubt.

Refs were pretty bad both ways. I saw two even teams on the court tonight. Hilton was the difference.

The game was called pretty well and even. If they use refs as an excuse, that is totally weak. Even the announcers who were in love with Iowa all night said how well officiated the game was.

AltHawk

Sep 2, 2012
Not trying to troll here, and I am sure I will get reamed, so I'm just gonna hang up and listen. But IMO Iowa wins on a neutral court by 8-10 points. Iowa State is pretty good, but if it weren't for the horrendous officiating in the first 20 minutes, this one might have been over at halftime. Gotta give credit where it is due though, definitely a much more "clutch" team than Iowa.

Good night.

JUKEBOX

Oct 27, 2008
It's our NBA final baby...

We play awful, and we still beat the Hawks! Go Cyclones!

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Missed shots and free throws at end. They were not clutch. McCabe, best three point shooter in BIG, missed a wide open shot. Gessell choked on free throws. Woodbury fouled out.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron