Collin Bevins to NWMSU

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
I know this is being talked about in another thread but thought I would post a new one for those lurkers who aren't subscribed.

Former ISU DT Collin Bevins is heading to the D2 level and will play ball at Northwest Missouri State next season. It's a top of the line D2 program located in Maryville.

I know the Bevins family well. Collin's dad, Jeff, is my old PE teacher who really served as a great role model growing up. I wish Collin nothing but the best and hope this move makes him happy.

Last edited:

kilroy

Jun 10, 2010
hills to flat lands
I really hate this but ask anyone and CW can back this up, the pull of SW ia country side and culture is hard to leave and always calls you back.

This move sucks but being from their I do understand.

State43

Nov 22, 2010
Omaha, NE
This is a head scratcher but to each their own. The amount of years he could start at ISU, could have earned him a spot at the next level if he wanted it. Guess he prefers it to just be fun and intends to return to small time life after. Best of luck.

CarlHungus

Feb 19, 2012
Ankeny
I thought he said he lost the passion for football? I wish the kid the best, but this is a strange move

Daserop

Feb 9, 2011
The Bebop
I really hate this but ask anyone and CW can back this up, the pull of SW ia country side and culture is hard to leave and always calls you back.

but he will be attending school in Missouri not SW Iowa.

Skidoosh

May 27, 2012
I thought he said he lost the passion for football? I wish the kid the best, but this is a strange move

Maybe he loves the sport but not the point where he wants to bust his *** in the Big 12. I know I love my sport to death, but I would never go pro or semi-pro in it. Maybe he just wants to put in minimal work and play the sport that he likes to play. To each his own.

KCClone1

Feb 28, 2010
Urbandale
I was disappointed in his decision, but as a Bearcat alum I will cheer him on in the future. Good luck Collin.

Cydkar

Apr 12, 2006

Not for me. We moved and I am horrified when thinking about if we hadn't. I guess some schools don't want passionate football players. I understand quitting the sport.

CYEATHAWK

Aug 26, 2007

Think of it this way.....people lose passion in their marriage.....but after the divorce they still want to date. It's called "commitment". The commitment level from HS to D1 is night and day. From HS to D2 is not. So now instead of being "married" to a D1 school......he has a promise ring from a D2.

FarminCy

Nov 14, 2009
Nowhere and Everywhere
Think of it this way.....people lose passion in their marriage.....but after the divorce they still want to date. It's called "commitment". The commitment level from HS to D1 is night and day. From HS to D2 is not. So now instead of being "married" to a D1 school......he has a promise ring from a D2.
As I posted in another thread the commitment from D1 to D2 isn't much different. And to compare it to HS is flat stupid.

JP4CY

I'm Mike Jones
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 19, 2008
Testifying
I can understand wanting to be in a smaller town, and school. Some people just enjoy that type of surrounding but I just don't see Ames, IA as Austin, TX. It's an interesting move but he leaves on good standing with the University so it's tough to get down on him.
I wish you luck Collin but wish you would have stayed.

wartknight

Mar 24, 2006

That's pretty inaccurate. HS to D3 is still a jump in commitment but not a huge one (Can be big depending where you go) D2 and D1 as far as commitment levels are almost the same. That's where this becomes a head scratcher. Pure speculation but it wouldn't surprise me if a female is behind this. I've seen guys do some strange thing for the fairer sex.

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
Maybe he loves the sport but not the point where he wants to bust his *** in the Big 12. I know I love my sport to death, but I would never go pro or semi-pro in it. Maybe he just wants to put in minimal work and play the sport that he likes to play. To each his own.
Maybe he did not want to be a poster child in the dline this year. Big shoes to fill with McDo and Laing leaving.

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Come on back whenever you decide you want to play for a great coach against the best competition.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron