Breaking Bad

CynadoAlley

Nov 28, 2010
Siouxland
I've heard great things about the show, but I never got really into it in the first few episodes. Does the show start out kind of slow in your opinion or is it one of those shows that you just either really enjoy right away or you don't ever?

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I've heard great things about the show, but I never got really into it in the first few episodes. Does the show start out kind of slow in your opinion or is it one of those shows that you just either really enjoy right away or you don't ever?

Starts slow. Hang in there and it gets good.

Colossus

Jan 16, 2010
It's one of those show with layers, like an onion, that they slowly peel away, episode by episode... also science, and meth.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
onions.jpg

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
This becomes a problem for me.. because Dexter and Nip/Tuck will take away my entire day haha. Can't ever just watch one.

Have you seen Prison Break. If not, you should. I watched all four seasons in about 2 weeks once. That was a show I couldn't stop watching.

ksclone2

Nov 28, 2009
Chicago, IL
If you're throwing it in the same area as Dexter quality wise, then it must be amazing

Oh I find them very comparable. They both have what I like to call the 'Boondock Saints' style plot. Where the main character(s) are doing something so awful but for the right reasons. I find myself really liking Dexter or Walter all the time and then realizing that I shouldn't be.

CLONECONES

Mar 15, 2012
RVA
Oh I find them very comparable. They both have what I like to call the 'Boondock Saints' style plot. Where the main character(s) are doing something so awful but for the right reasons. I find myself really liking Dexter or Walter all the time and then realizing that I shouldn't be.

the creator Vince Gillam (x-files guy) said he wanted to make a protagonist who turns in to the antagonist by the end.

I won't spoil too much about Walt but i mean... well you guys know how you feel about him

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
the creator Vince Gillam (x-files guy) said he wanted to make a protagonist who turns in to the antagonist by the end.

I won't spoil too much about Walt but i mean... well you guys know how you feel about him

And he's not the only one who is turned by what is going on...

Here's a nice interview. SPOILER ALERT if you haven't been watching the series.

Q&A - Anna Gunn (Skyler White) - Breaking Bad - AMC

I especially like her allusion in the last answer to a certain memorable scene.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
As far as being a really good series; an excerpt from the Wiki article. Be careful if you go there and haven't been watching because the season synopses could be a big spoiler. This is just a drop in the bucket.

"Breaking Bad has received widespread critical acclaim and has been praised by some critics as the greatest television drama of all time. On the review aggregator website Metacritic, the first season scored 74/100, the second season scored 85/100, the third season scored 89/100, the fourth season scored 96/100, and the fifth season currently scores 100/100. The American Film Institute listed Breaking Bad as one of the top ten television series of 2010 and 2011. "

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron