Breaking Bad

CyFan61

Oct 25, 2010
As far as being a really good series; an excerpt from the Wiki article. Be careful if you go there and haven't been watching because the season synopses could be a big spoiler. This is just a drop in the bucket.

"Breaking Bad has received widespread critical acclaim and has been praised by some critics as the greatest television drama of all time. On the review aggregator website Metacritic, the first season scored 74/100, the second season scored 85/100, the third season scored 89/100, the fourth season scored 96/100, and the fifth season currently scores 100/100. The American Film Institute listed Breaking Bad as one of the top ten television series of 2010 and 2011. "

I loved Season 4, but my favorite so far was Season 3. Seasons 1 and 2 were on a different level, quality wise. They were quite good, but didn't reach the unbelievable awesomeness of 3 and 4 IMO.

The best episode of any TV drama I have ever seen is the season finale of Season 3.

shagcarpetjesus

Apr 18, 2006
Are there any Dish Network customers that are freaking out about the new season? I just saw that AMC is airing the season premiere online to help out Dish subscribers, but it sounds like its only going to be the first week.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
Breaking Bad is by far the best show on TV. Dexter takes 2nd place.

Agree Breaking Bad is absolutely great. Starts slow but picks up big time... Most Critics feel season one is the the weakest then better every year.

Suprised nobody is talking about "The Wire" as the Second Best show? If you haven't seen it put it on your list.

(I haven't watched Dexter yet so I can't comment. I do plan too, heard good things from everybody, but keep putting it off for a rainy day.)

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
Agree Breaking Bad is absolutely great. Starts slow but picks up big time... Most Critics feel season one is the the weakest then better every year.

Suprised nobody is talking about "The Wire" as the Second Best show? If you haven't seen it put it on your list.

(I haven't watched Dexter yet so I can't comment. I do plan too, heard good things from everybody, but keep putting it off for a rainy day.)

I've seen the wire. It's a good show. But to me it's not even in the same conversation as Breaking Bad and Dexter.

Cyclonesince78

Mar 8, 2012
I also disagree that it starts off slow. The pilot episode is insane from the beginning. For me it's non stop goodness, that gets better and better with each season.

LLCoolCY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 28, 2010
Minneapolis
I also disagree that it starts off slow. The pilot episode is insane from the beginning. For me it's non stop goodness, that gets better and better with each season.

Granted the pilot is very good. Just it goes from a 8.5 on a scale of 10 and up from there... took a while for the characters (other than Cranston) to develop but after eposode 4 I was and am hooked. I can understand someone stopping after episode 2 and not getting the obsession with the series. Super excited for Sunday though.

And as for the Wire not being great... well it is the only show that rivials Breaking Bad IMHO. The character development from Seaon 1-5 with a plan for the entire story to Be wrapped in a nice lil bow in the finale is truly impressive.
Actually I may have to rewatch it.

sunset

Oct 18, 2006
San Diego, CA
I loved Season 4, but my favorite so far was Season 3. Seasons 1 and 2 were on a different level, quality wise. They were quite good, but didn't reach the unbelievable awesomeness of 3 and 4 IMO.

The best episode of any TV drama I have ever seen is the season finale of Season 3.

My wife and I just started watching Breaking Bad and jammed through the first four seasons in a bout a month. Very good show.

I'd have to go with the season finale of Dexter season 4 (the John Lithgow season). Best single episode of television I've ever seen.

LutherBlue

Oct 19, 2006
I so wanted them to kill off Jesse in the first season or so, he annoyed me to no end. But they did a fantastic job of developing his character. Great show.

Pitt_Clone

Nov 15, 2007
Pittsburgh, PA
Interesting. Saul always makes Mrs. Velo and me chuckle. If it happened, it could be absolutely awesomely great or epically bad.
Yeah the character is great but I'm not sure it's the kind of character that can carry a show. If it does end up happening, it'll be interesting to see what they do.

Rhoadhoused

Apr 27, 2010
Ames, IA
Yeah the character is great but I'm not sure it's the kind of character that can carry a show. If it does end up happening, it'll be interesting to see what they do.

You would need some really great characters to go along with him and have the show pretty evenly distributed between them. I don't think a show completely centered around Saul would be all that great.

ZJohnson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
On the road...
It would be interesting to say the least. I am willing to bet everyone that watches BB would at least give it a shot.

VTXCyRyD

Sep 2, 2010
It will be a show about how Saul moves back to Seattle to take care of his father who was shot during a drug exchange. His brother, also a drug dealer/strong arm, lives in Seattle as well. The brother is secretly in love with Saul's maid.

Cloner97

Apr 11, 2006
Frustrated because I watched all the way through Season 4 in about a month and now have to sit back and wait for the first half of Season 5 to run on AMC or eventually find it's way to Netflix before the second half starts. Damn!

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron