***FARMAGEDDON!!! Game Thread***

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
That final sequence was, though.
I pity clueless humans. The wide pass/drop that would have set us up inside the 20 was not on Herman. Again, Cyclones gave it their all today against a top 10 team on the road. I hate losing, but nothing to be ashamed about today...or on the season.

The issue is knowing our personnel. Barnett is not the best passer ever. out wide receivers aren't awesome catchers. We were tearing them apart on the run, on the 40 yard line with two minutes left and timeouts to spare. We had plenty of time!! Obviously you're in 4 down territory there, so run the ball, get some yards, and hopefully it's third and 1 and not 4th and one.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008
In the end, losing this game MAY keep us out of the Pinstripe Bowl, which is a gross win!

DesertClone1

DesertClone
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 6, 2009
Queen Creek, AZ
The issue is knowing our personnel. Barnett is not the best passer ever. out wide receivers aren't awesome catchers. We were tearing them apart on the run, on the 40 yard line with two minutes left and timeouts to spare. We had plenty of time!! Obviously you're in 4 down territory there, so run the ball, get some yards, and hopefully it's third and 1 and not 4th and one.

With less than 3 minutes left we had to pass the damn ball! holy **** what do you not understand about that?

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
The series we had KSU stopped but the offsides gave them life and they got a TD lost this game more than anything else.

Clonefan32

Nov 19, 2008

I think you need to check your facts. We were on the 40 with barely over a minute left. We had to throw the ball, we weren't going to get more than about 5-7 yards a pop. Clock would have ran out in no time.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
OK everyone 6 wins and a lot of players coming back, give PR a raise and look out next season

6 wins against the top rated SOS in the nation.

It's not like we got automatic wins against the Louisiana Mud Dogs, Minnesota and Indiana every week.

im4cyclones

Jun 14, 2010
Ames, IA
Can't pin this one on the O. And the D played well at times too. A few more tackles on that last series would have been nice.

Redshirt freshman quarterback? Man, is he poised! Excited for next season already!

benjay

Mar 23, 2006

It took over 2 full minutes and a timeout to get 35-40 yards on the ground. We had just over a minute in the game. Do the math. The middle of the field was open, we just didn't connect.

sdcyfan

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
May 12, 2006
Rapid City, SD
great game. tough loss. Woody had a great game, not the best out of Barnett. Thought our D was pretty solid against a tough KState offense. This team is so easy to root for. They leave all out there. With that said, I can't wait for KState to come to Ames next year!

I absolutely hate KState!!!!!!!!!!

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
This coming from one of the biggest melt downers on this site: I cannot believe some of these posts. We fought HARD today and we came up short against the #11 team in the nation. There's no shame in that. And we will win more than 6 games with Herman. In fact we did in 2009 and we will again this year with a bowl win. Gimme break I know its been a tough day but theres no excuse for some of these stupid posts.

If we had rolled over and died at KSU today, fine, everybody meltdown tonight. We showed up again, never backed down, and almost pulled one out.

We'll get #7 in the bowl game. That's twice in 3 years for CPR, and next year should look much, much brighter.

Disappointed to lose, but proud of the guys. Why can't that work?

Yes13

Oct 9, 2009
The series we had KSU stopped but the offsides gave them life and they got a TD lost this game more than anything else.
That series also had about 5 missed tackles that turned into about 50 yards total. If we could've wrapped up on that series we win.

benjay

Mar 23, 2006
great game. tough loss. Woody had a great game, not the best out of Barnett. Thought our D was pretty solid against a tough KState offense. This team is so easy to root for. They leave all out there. With that said, I can't wait for KState to come to Ames next year!

I absolutely hate KState!!!!!!!!!!

Exactly, this team has a bright future.

cyguytillidie

Feb 9, 2010
Des Moines
I'm thinking Barnett could have gotten some major yardage if he faked it to Woody and kept it himself. Overall though, I think it was the right call. Woody has the better chance to get through two or three defenders than Barnett does.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
If we had rolled over and died at KSU today, fine, everybody meltdown tonight. We showed up again, never backed down, and almost pulled one out.

We'll get #7 in the bowl game. That's twice in 3 years for CPR, and next year should look much, much brighter.

Disappointed to lose, but proud of the guys. Why can't that work?

It's a positive sign. Loads of people are PI$$ED that we took a top ten team down to the wire on the road.

I'm pretty sure that's a first. Great job CPR!

Skyh13

Mar 17, 2006
With less than 3 minutes left we had to pass the damn ball! holy **** what do you not understand about that?

I disagreed with the idea that we needed to pass the ball in the position we were in. All I'm saying. There's nothing to understand or not understand, 3 minutes left, you don't have to panic and throw the ball.

Yes13

Oct 9, 2009
I think every team that lost to Kstate had a meltdown. They aren't good, but at the same time they're great. Very frustrating team to play against.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron