Breaking: Percy Gibson is a Cyclone

leroycyclone

Jan 2, 2010
Boulder, CO
Didn't last years team have the highest GPA for ISU MBB ever?

If you are correct, and I hope you are, then this appears to be yet another good development for ISU sports.

The NCAA is after schools with low performing Student-Athletes in the classroom. UCONN just lost 2 scholarships due a poor APR on the basketball team. What a shocker! UCONN and controversy.

I like ISU to be in the news for the right reasons.

isucyfan

Speechless
Apr 21, 2006
Saint Paul, MN
Saw this on Twitter from a Michigan State blogger:

Now that Percy Gibson committed to Iowa State, we are ready to tell the story behind the recruiting saga that warrants an explanation.

That should be interesting.

Jambalaya

May 29, 2008
I see that Iowa was recruiting him as well as a walk on.
LOL!!

No matter what ISU does, or will do---the Iowa Hawkeyes will ALWAYS do it better.

This includes their myopic take on Mad Fran, who is really building with 'high school' talent when he covets a 4-time FELON who spent four YEARS in a federal pen for ARMED ROBBERY

Iowa MBB delusions are just that. Their fans are completely THREATENED by Fred Hoiberg. They will NEVER admit it.

Fred just took TWO coveted Hawkeye recruits from Franny......a coach who has WHIFFED several times this Spring already

They can stick it up their HAWKEYE for all I care. They're obnoxious

cysocool

Jul 12, 2010
LOL!!

No matter what ISU does, or will do---the Iowa Hawkeyes will ALWAYS do it better.

This includes their myopic take on Mad Fran, who is really building with 'high school' talent when he covets a 4-time FELON who spent four YEARS in a federal pen for ARMED ROBBERY

Iowa MBB delusions are just that. Their fans are completely THREATENED by Fred Hoiberg. They will NEVER admit it.

Fred just took TWO coveted Hawkeye recruits from Franny......a coach who has WHIFFED several times this Spring already

+1

Next thing- it'll be about recruiting iowa kids and signing instate recruits. Watch them play that angle next...

Last edited:

madcityCY

Nov 29, 2006
Madison, WI
LOL!!

While this is true for some hok fans/ tavern hawks, there are a lot of Iowa fans who are realistic and moderate about their takes. They are pleased with Fran's *coaching* but a little concerned about recruiting. They think Fred is doing a damn fine job of the latter, and are pretty sure they'll be a step behind for at least the next couple years.

BryceC

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2006
I'll agree on the upside due to height. But Godfrey was starting to dominate teams toward the end of last season. I still wouldn't trade a 6'7 Sophomore Godfrey for a 6'9 FR in Gibson. We have yet to see how Gibson does at the Big 12 level. Definitely a needed signing though, because they were going to be pretty thin inside without him.

I'll take Gibson any day of the week, because unless all the scouting is wrong about him he'll take this opportunity seriously and not blow it by being an idiot.

isuno1fan

Mar 30, 2006
Clive, Iowa
I'm equally excited about his academic prowess. This is a kid we won't have to worry about in the classroom (ala Godfrey) and has a B12 ready body from the get go.

Love it!

acgclone

Feb 21, 2007
LOL!!

If we keep beating them on the court, it won't really matter. Win at home next year.

I really don't see them beating us in 2012-13 with Clyburn, Lucious, MgGee, Babb, White, Ejim, Booker, Percy and Niang even though it's in Iowa City.

Then we get them at home in 2013-14, which is way too far out to predict, but at least it's in Hilton.

Rickybaby

Apr 15, 2006
I'm kinda surprised someone hasn't mentioned this but we had a 6-9 post player from Detroit awhile back. Did pretty good too. Big Vic.

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
Iowa wanted him as a walk on.

Now that there's a good one. Gibson would be an insta-star of that mess.

Cyhart

Aug 15, 2009
Des Moines
facebook_like_button1.png

Help Support Us

Become a patron