Apr 12, 2006
CA
Visit site
One of the best headlines ever. :biglaugh:

tayx.jpg

Yfrog Image : yfrog.com/j2tayxj - Uploaded by jacquioatley

MLawrence

Jan 21, 2010
If that's real, I can't believe the editor would allow something like that to happen.

Cyclonestate78

May 23, 2008
If that's real, I can't believe the editor would allow something like that to happen.

Why not? I follow soccer but only during the World Cup and only until the United States is eliminated. I am sure the Post isn't worried about ******* off the few hundred soccer fans in this country with that headline. :biglaugh:

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006
But it's the New York Post, which had the classic "Headless body in topless bar" cover, so this is no stretch, traditionally.

Although this one does seem Onion-esque, in a way.

This. The Post is pretty much a tabloid. A headline like that is not terribly surprising.

CycloneJames

Dec 1, 2009
Ankeny
The soccer bashing in this country is just unreal to me. I had a co-worker tell me today that he was glad the US lost so he wouldn't have to hear about soccer anymore. PATHETIC. It's the United States! If you don't like soccer then don't watch. Why everyone who doesn't like it has to try and ruin it for others is beyond me.

End of Rant.

Reactions: ianoconnor

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
The soccer bashing in this country is just unreal to me. I had a co-worker tell me today that he was glad the US lost so he wouldn't have to hear about soccer anymore. PATHETIC. It's the United States! If you don't like soccer then don't watch. Why everyone who doesn't like it has to try and ruin it for others is beyond me.

End of Rant.
QFT.

CycloneJames

Dec 1, 2009
Ankeny
= Quit ******* Trying to get people to like soccer. People just aren't going to get it.

I'm not trying to get people to like soccer. I don't give a **** if you like soccer or not. I just don't get why people who don't like it have to go out of their way to try and ruin it for people who do. I don't like hockey but I don't post in every hockey thread about how stupid I think the sport is.

Mr Janny

Welcome to the Office of Secret Intelligence
Staff member
Bookie
SuperFanatic
Mar 27, 2006

End of Rant.

On the other hand, I find some soccer defenders to be just as annoying. I've had many people tell me that "I just don't get it" or "You have to give it a chance," when it comes to soccer. Well, I've got news for you, "I have given it a chance, and there's not that much to get." It's just not my cup of tea. But just because I happen to find the game painfully boring, I get labeled as a neanderthal, like there is some deep rooted wisdom I'm missing, that I'll discover if I just watch enough games end in a tie.

azepp

Dec 9, 2009
Ankeny
I'm not trying to get people to like soccer. I don't give a **** if you like soccer or not. I just don't get why people who don't like it have to go out of their way to try and ruin it for people who do. I don't like hockey but I don't post in every hockey thread about how stupid I think the sport is.
Time to thicken your skin a little bit. I enjoy soccer, but I found that headline rather humorous.

Bipolarcy

Oct 27, 2008

End of Rant.

I'll tell you why. Because there's a lot of people like you out there telling us we should like it, how it's the world's sport, blah, blah, blah. Every four years we have to hear it.

IcSyU

Nov 27, 2007
Rochester, MN
What the point of playing something if you're going to allow it to end in a tie?

Additionally, when will soccer players stop being such *******? I've never seen a sport with so many girls on the field. They bump into somebody and you'd think they got hit by a truck. If one of them got hit in the *** with a pitch in baseball they'd probably roll around on the ground and cry their eyes out. If Ray Lewis tackled them, they're probably die on the spot.

Reactions: Angie

CycloneJames

Dec 1, 2009
Ankeny
Time to thicken your skin a little bit. I enjoy soccer, but I found that headline rather humorous.

I didn't necessarily mean that directed at the headline. It was more just my frustration boiling over from reading the soccer threads on here along with my continued anger about the US conceding early goals.

Angie

Tugboats and arson.
Staff member
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 27, 2006
IA
IVF ON NHS FOR WOMEN OVER 40? I don't get it?

I think it means "In-Vitro Fertilization on National Health Service for Women Over 40?" I'm guessing that Britain pays for IVF for women up to age 40, but not over, since the fine print said something about ageism. Lots of acronyms in that title, though!

azn4cy

Dec 27, 2008
DSM

Me too. there's nothing wrong with having a laugh at its unpopularity in the US. Even if you like it.

bringmagicback

Dec 3, 2009
CF Resident Dog Lover
I agree with the headline. Im not glad they lost as I cheer for our country however I am glad that people will shut up about it.

All my friends that are "huge" (by huge I mean during the world cup) soccer fans trying to tell me that soccer players are far better than any other athlete. I then said so you think those guys are more athletic than an NFL Wide Receiver for example? Of course they are, they have to run for 90 mintues!!! Argghhhh im glad its over.

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron