Roll Call for Dayton!

Stumpy

Apr 10, 2006
Tucson, AZ
I'll be there as I make my roadtrip from Athens, Ohio, to Fairbanks, Alaska (yes, I wish I were kidding). I'll be traveling by myself, so if you see someone sitting alone screaming at the top of his lungs, invite him over to your group! :wink:

Wesley

Apr 12, 2006
Omaha
I'll be there as I make my roadtrip from Athens, Ohio, to Fairbanks, Alaska (yes, I wish I were kidding). I'll be traveling by myself, so if you see someone sitting alone screaming at the top of his lungs, invite him over to your group! :wink:

Stump, tell us more. What is happening in Alaska? Will you be on Ice Truckers next year?

CYdTracked

Mar 23, 2006
Grimes, IA
If I didn't already have to travel somewhere this weekend and it wasn't UConn I have a grandma that lives in Dayton so it wouldn't be too bad of a trip if it was feasible to go.

Clonegrad07

Jul 22, 2008
North Carolina
I think I'm going to go... I haven't completely committed yet. It's about an hour and a half drive for me, but that's about as close as I get in Southeastern Indiana!

LeaningCy

Jan 18, 2008
I'll be making the 10 minute drive! I have now found the one perk of interning in Dayton, OH.

Reactions: IcSyU

ornryactor

Jun 3, 2006
Ames
I tried everything I could think of to make the game work with my schedule, but there's just no way- the only way I could do it would be to leave Ames at 12:30am on Sunday, drive 10 straight hours by myself to Dayton (arriving like 15 minutes before the tip), watch the 2-hour game, and then immediately drive 10 straight hours back to Ames, arriving back home around midnight. That's literally 24 hours of travelling, nearly all of it driving. I'm a great solo traveler, but even I couldn't pull that off.

Instead, I'll be watching with my executive cabinet. We're holding our meeting during the commercial breaks!

ianoconnor

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Nov 11, 2007
Johnston
Wish I was going. I grew up in Dayton. I'll be in Cincinnati for opening day on the 5th, though!

greatshu

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 4, 2007
KS
UD arena is pretty good place to watch the game. There are plenty of hotels around UD arena, if not within 5-10 minute distance. I used to work at UD and I am pretty familiar with the area. Marriott across the street is the probably closest hotels you got there. Downtown Dayton is not really the greatest, but there are few good restaurants around. You definitely have to try Chicago Gyro and dog's (formerly known as pug's dog house) hot dogs. They are amazingly good :)

If you have questions about that town, feel free to PM me.

No, I cant go. I am going to Columbus and Dayton in first weekend of May. I wish I can go to the game.

ISU_REV

Apr 21, 2006
Crap...I still haven't decided if I want to go or not. I have checked out hotel prices, car rental prices, and everything. It is just so far. I didn't think twice about flying out to Cal last year, but we weren't playing UCONN. I will kick myself in the rear if I don't go and we somehow win.

UGGGH:wacko:

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron