Chicago Invitational Moved To UIC Pavilion

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
AMES, Iowa- With the closing of the Sears Centre Arena on Oct. 1, the 2009 Chicago Invitational men’s basketball tournament (Nov. 27-28) has announced it has moved the event to the University of Illinois-Chicago Pavilion near downtown Chicago.

Tickets already purchased over the phone or at Ticketmaster.com will be automatically credited. Tickets purchased at Ticketmaster retail outlets should be returned to the point of purchase.

Iowa State will play St. Louis on Nov. 27 at 5 p.m. and will face either Notre Dame or Northwestern on Nov. 28 at 4:30 or 7 p.m. All games will be played at the UIC Pavilion. Liberty, Mississippi Valley State, Tennessee State and Kennesaw State will also participate in the tournament.

Tornado man

Sep 16, 2007
Ames, IA
Closing Oct. 1? Are you sure? I have Mannheim Steamroller tickets there for Nov. 20, and just called their box office - it's still on.

colseyp88

Nov 15, 2007
Does anyone know where we can buy tickets for the games at the UIC pavillion? I just talked to ticketmaster and they said they don't show the new tour. location. Just my luck, get floor seats and now have to get tickets again!

schidj

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Does anyone know where we can buy tickets for the games at the UIC pavillion? I just talked to ticketmaster and they said they don't show the new tour. location. Just my luck, get floor seats and now have to get tickets again!

I talked to ticketmaster and they refunded my tickets. Ticketmaster indicated the tickets for the UIC Pavilion would be on sale September 25.

Last edited:

colseyp88

Nov 15, 2007
Thanks for the info. I hope I can get roughly the same tickets, had 1st row on the floor. My kids were really looking forward to it. If anyone is checking on hotels downtown, I checked last week. Friday night was $149.00 saturday jumped up to $399. Must be a bears game in town that weekend.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
Thanks for the info. I hope I can get roughly the same tickets, had 1st row on the floor. My kids were really looking forward to it. If anyone is checking on hotels downtown, I checked last week. Friday night was $149.00 saturday jumped up to $399. Must be a bears game in town that weekend.

They play at Minnesota that weekend.

colseyp88

Nov 15, 2007
I figured as soon as I posted that I might be wrong. Don't follow the bears much. Something must be going on downtown to drive the price up like that.

Knownothing

Nov 22, 2006
Closing Oct. 1? Are you sure? I have Mannheim Steamroller tickets there for Nov. 20, and just called their box office - it's still on.

Did you go to britney Spears as well?

schidj

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Apr 10, 2006
Chicago Invitational tickets on ticketmaster

There is a presale beginning on 9/18/09 @ 12pm

colseyp88

Nov 15, 2007
Re: Chicago Invitational tickets on ticketmaster

The presale is good by invitation only I found out. You get 25% off all tickets if you have the password. Tickets for the general public go on sale on 9/25 at noon central time.

khoops7

Sep 19, 2009

Is there any chance that somebody might have this presale code?

GBC

Apr 10, 2006

exactly any season ticket holders have the password or presale code? If not i am going to have to wait til monday for my mom to order some tickets from the ISU athletic ticket office.

ISUFan22

Apr 11, 2006
Denver, CO
MBB tourney in Chicago (Nov. 27 & 28) -Moved

At least for now, per Ticketmaster. Just got the e-mail below. I know there was some issues with the venue, but I thought it would get moved - not canceled.

Hello, this is Ticketmaster Customer Service with an important alert for your past event. Notre Dame vs Northwest and Iowa State vs. Saint Louis, scheduled at Sears Centre Arena on November 27 and 28, 2009 at 12:00PM, was cancelled.
Your credit card will automatically be credited the ticket price and convenience charges, and should post to your account within 7 to 10 business days. Please note, the $4.50 per order processing fee, any ticketFast, or UPS delivery charges and in-store pick up charges are non-refundable.
It's just four bucks (and I won't pursue it), but rather crappy Ticketmaster would get to keep that. I know it's not their fault the event was canceled, nor is it mine.

Last edited by a moderator:

kg-cyclone

Oct 30, 2006
Re: MBB tourney in Chicago (Nov. 27 & 28) cancelled

At least for now, per Ticketmaster. Just got the e-mail below. I know there was some issues with the venue, but I thought it would get moved - not canceled.

It's just four bucks (and I won't pursue it), but rather crappy Ticketmaster would get to keep that. I know it's not their fault the event was canceled, nor is it mine.

As of Sunday(9-27-09) the tournament was not canceled.

BigSkyCy2

Bookie
Aug 9, 2006
Re: MBB tourney in Chicago (Nov. 27 & 28) cancelled

I think when it was moved, Ticketmaster was no longer the holder of the tickets.