Zion Griffin Transferring

TyCloneHoops

Dec 10, 2017
I was always really really excited to see Griffin grow and really explode into that difference maker coming off the bench, something good teams need. I’m sad to see him leave. Best of luck, go somewhere you can get solid minutes guy. Thanks for being a Cyclone.

CYcoFan

Aug 15, 2007
Ames
Looked like he was going to be a high risk player no matter who developed him.

Honestly I don't think high risk was/is the problem. Zion is as bouncy, physical and as athletic as Ejim and Hogue. But he doesn't have the want to and work ethic to be an undersized 4-5. He still thinks he is a perimeter player. I honestly think that is the difference

Cyinthenorth

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 29, 2013
Dubuque
Was rated purely on potential. Just didn't pan out. The jakolby long comp is 100% accurate. He'll do really well in a conference like the MVC.

Getting back to ISU, if we lose anyone else at this point I'd be surprised. Haliburton obviously, but I'm not sure anyone else transfers out. Lewis included

ForbinsAscynt

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 8, 2014
I count 13 players that left (or will leave) before their eligibility was/is up under Prohm. I know he doesn’t have a crystal ball but a mix of guys that can’t cut the mustard along side early entries is a recipe for disaster. This year being the worst example, two guys out before the season, likely another two in the next couple weeks and another turning pro. Good god

Thompsonclone

Dec 13, 2008
Ames
I count 13 players that left (or will leave) before their eligibility was/is up under Prohm. I know he doesn’t have a crystal ball but a mix of guys that can’t cut the mustard along side early entries is a recipe for disaster. This year being the worst example, two guys out before the season, likely another two in the next couple weeks and another turning pro. Good god
If Solomon Young and Terrence Lewis return, they’d be first and second HS recruit Prohm has landed that has made it to their SR year at Iowa State. It’s been a combination of busts or too good to stay at ISU. That’s one reason why Prohm has struggled to maintain any consistency at ISU.