YouTube TV Issue

larry

Apr 11, 2006
iowa city
I have had YTTV for probably 2 years with no issue. Just lately I have had a delay with audio vs video(Out of sync) at times with YTTV that just started. Not sure what is up with that.
I have had this problem a lot, but was mostly just listening so not too bothered.

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
I've had the same issue but only with ESPN (it looked like trash). I thought it was the internet, but our game came in crystal clear without any issues. Something is definitely amiss. Or at least was this weekend.
I've noticed a picture degrading only on ESPN family, all other channels are fine. I live in DSM area.

I'm noticing ESPN streaming is a lot worse than usual. Consistently dropping the quality to what looks like 480p. I usually use the ESPN app that's loaded onto my Roku TV. I switched to the ESPN app on my phone and tried casting it via Chromecast, but the results are about the same.

• Informative
Reactions: Stewo

Stewo

Oct 29, 2008
Iowa
I'm noticing ESPN streaming is a lot worse than usual. Consistently dropping the quality to what looks like 480p. I usually use the ESPN app that's loaded onto my Roku TV. I switched to the ESPN app on my phone and tried casting it via Chromecast, but the results are about the same.
It's looked like crap intermittently for me. It's annoying.

NenoFone

Feb 12, 2013
WDM
I had been using a PS4 to play YouTubeTV, tonight I tried running it through my PC. No issues what so ever, looks great, May be a coincidence, we'll see

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
I’ve noticed it too but just assumed it was my internet. It might still be because we’re using the centurylink combo. Our speeds regularly dip to 1-5 mbps when we’re paying for 70. I have an Archer C7 router but it never really worked right in pass through mode with the CL combo unit we have.

We need a mesh system pretty bad but it’s not something the wife thinks we need, so that’s how it goes.

bstegs

SuperFanatic
Apr 11, 2006
Champaign, IL
Had yttv for a month. I am seeing this all of the time as well. Some of it is related to bandwidth drops on an unstable dsl connection (55 mbps -> 1 mbps and back again). Other times it is just yttv.

AgronAlum

Jul 12, 2014
This issue is very apparent with the ISU game. The game looked like **** so I checked my speed and was at 55 mbps. I switched over to the ESPN app and it has been perfect.

Reactions: Yaz

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Mine buffered three times today during commercials, that was it. I'm guessing it was due to the number of connected devices on my internet.

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
I have Fubo but I’ve never had issues with any sports channels.

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Generally been happy with YTTV, but live sports have been a disaster recently. Random stops/buffering even though the internet is fine.

I'll sometimes turn on Comedy Central when the Office is on, and there's one T Mobile holiday commercial that freezes the whole thing every. single. time.