YouTube TV Getting Ability to Split Into 4 Screens

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Well it looks like some people are going to have this function available to them for March Madness. I just checked to see if I have access to it yet and I did not. :(

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
Well it looks like some people are going to have this function available to them for March Madness. I just checked to see if I have access to it yet and I did not. :(

Just checked, looks like I don't have it yet, unless it is it doesn't kick on until the games do.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
The way google does their painfully slow rollouts of everything is annoying as ****.

Major ball dropped if they arent getting this out to everyone for the tournament.
Agree, supposedly this function is still in Beta so maybe they don't want to go with a Full Launch for it which sucks if that is the case.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Just checked, looks like I don't have it yet, unless it is it doesn't kick on until the games do.
I'm hoping that is the issue but more than likely I have a feeling I won't be high enough up on the totem pole to be one of the subscribers that gets access to it.

• Agree
Reactions: MeowingCows

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
Agree, supposedly this function is still in Beta so maybe they don't want to go with a Full Launch for it which sucks if that is the case.

I do get that, but if nothing else a manual opt-in to the beta feature (with standard 'this is a beta, in testing, there may be bugs' warnings) would be nice.

3TrueFans

Just a Happily Married Man
Sep 10, 2009
Ames
It's only for select content, March Madness to start, so you won't see anything presumably until the games on Thursday are on even if you were selected.

Sousaclone

Apr 29, 2006
North of Seattle
I do get that, but if nothing else a manual opt-in to the beta feature (with standard 'this is a beta, in testing, there may be bugs' warnings) would be nice.

If people and the internet were reasonable, that would make sense. However, this is the internet and google we are talking about. So if they make it available to the masses (even with a massive, giant warning notice) people will screw it up or it won't work right and then google inevitably will get blamed for a crappy product even if it was only in beta.

alarson

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 15, 2006
Ankeny
If people and the internet were reasonable, that would make sense. However, this is the internet and google we are talking about. So if they make it available to the masses (even with a massive, giant warning notice) people will screw it up or it won't work right and then google inevitably will get blamed for a crappy product even if it was only in beta.

I can definitely get that. But if they're truly planning on getting this to 50% of the audience anyway, they're already well into distributing this to the masses to where it can't be much worse allowing some of the remainder to opt-in

jdcyclone19

Apr 14, 2017
Iowa
I got on chat and you have to be enrolled as a beta tester. I enrolled and should see the feature in the next day they said.

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
I got on chat and you have to be enrolled as a beta tester. I enrolled and should see the feature in the next day they said.
Yep, I did the same thing over the phone. Hopefully it shows up on the screen by Thursday at 11 am.

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
Is this something the YouTubeTV chat feature has to enable for you? Or can I enroll to be a beta tester on my end?

Latest posts

Help Support Us

Become a patron