YouTube TV Getting Ability to Split Into 4 Screens

Rural

Feb 3, 2010
The ability to view 4 games I have virtually no interest in, yes sir.

dmclone

Oct 20, 2006
I highly doubt we will see it this year. Google announces this stuff, you forget about it, and then a year later it's released.

MeowingCows

Jun 1, 2015
Iowa
It looks like YTTV recently upped it's free trial length to 3 weeks lining up with the start of football, for those on the fence. I'm probably gonna give it a spin (currently a free streamer/antenna person).

BigJCy

Apr 11, 2006
Hopefully very soon but watch it will probably happen after football season is done.
So this appears to be the case. They will probably end up releasing it after Football & Basketball season is over with. :mad:

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
Once again hoping this comes out before football season is over, but I haven’t seen any updates on it. Sad stuff.

ZZZ

Feb 10, 2013
Ames, IA
Hoping for conference Basketball season at this point.
That also would be great. That hadn’t crossed my mind, but I would love being able to watch 4 college hoop games at the same time.

Or I could just cave and get a multiple tv setup in my basement.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
Dish has had this for years. We usually just do two but can get four. One of the reasons I haven’t been able to convince husband to dump it.
Have you don't the math on how long it take to just pay off another TV? It was like 6 months for me. That's when I made the switch. the 4:1 kept me in place for year.

Cloneon

Oct 29, 2015
West Virginia
Really? It isn't available? I'm a tad confused since iframe has been around for decades. I used it regularly decades ago to fill portions of the screen from multiple websites. That being said, I've heard it's a security threat. Throw that fault at the standards committees. Regardless, it can be coded around. Maybe it's a streaming performance issue. I know it's been a feature standards committees have wanted to deprecate for quite awhile in favor in linear coding. Maybe they want linear flow (but, RARELY do I see any websites with proper linear flow). All I know is there are multiple ways it can be done. So color me surprised.

Help Support Us

Become a patron