You're gonna love this

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
That really IS a good question. "Would you rather beat Iowa or Texas?"

The answer is both, of course. But interesting. And great to be in this position!

Texas and it's not close.

At all.

Especially if a spot in the B12 title game is on the line.

Mid-September football is maybe more meaningful as early December basketball due to number of games, but not much.

• Winner
Reactions: CyTwins

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
Texas and it's not close.

At all.

Especially if a spot in the B12 title game is on the line.

Mid-September football is maybe more meaningful as early December basketball due to number of games, but not much.
If a spot in the Big 12 title game was at stake, I would agree.

But if we are going to go 10-2 or so, I'm not sure which loss would hurt me more. I mean, I hate both teams.

• Agree
Reactions: Acylum

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
When did I say it would be easy?

You didn't, sorry if it seemed like I was taking a shot at you.

From what I've seen on here, it just seems like some people are underestimating that game. I'll be happy if we win that one, and know we can. But it will be a fight.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
If a spot in the Big 12 title game was at stake, I would agree.

But if we are going to go 10-2 or so, I'm not sure which loss would hurt me more. I mean, I hate both teams.

Actually if ISU wins 10 games I'm not sure if I care who the losses are unless it's the last two games of the year and really big things are possible, but even then that would quite a feat.

The only time there's been a legit chance of that was in 2005 and that team wasn't even that good, haha.

If they were to go 11-1 and the one loss was to Iowa, I'd probably not care since it MIGHT shut their fans up with the 'they only care about Iowa' chatter.

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
You didn't, sorry if it seemed like I was taking a shot at you.

From what I've seen on here, it just seems like some people are underestimating that game. I'll be happy if we win that one, and know we can. But it will be a fight.

Baylor's just that team that no matter the year, they'll be a team that pulls some ****.

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
We’re more than capable of winning that game at Baylor. But if you think we’re going to win easily I think you’re in for a rude awakening when we head to Waco.
I'm kind of a pessimist, but in the Big 12 just about any team can lose on any Saturday. Especially if the officials decide to play a role...

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
I'm kind of a pessimist, but in the Big 12 just about any team can lose on any Saturday. Especially if the officials decide to play a role...

I've leveled my share of criticism at the refs, but it seemed like we started getting on the right end of calls last year.

CNECloneFan

Dec 1, 2012
I've leveled my share of criticism at the refs, but it seemed like we started getting on the right end of calls last year.
I agree, but I wonder why?

Maybe because they were entering the game thinking that we are a good team, and so maybe they shouldn't just automatically call it the other way. IDK.

I hate that.

demoncore1031

May 18, 2008
Albuquerque,NM
theslaughterhouse.freeforums.net
Starting the 4 hour timer....

Whooo Boy, if we go into OU undefeated, is that going to be a BIG game. I don't think that happens but if it does, I give us a decent shot in Norman - If ISU can string together 8 wins to open the season then they will have a swagger they won't have had before, ever. And while we are inhaling, I can't even imagine what the scene would be for the Texas game if we go into that undefeated but I would be in the middle of it.
Agreed. There will be a lot of tough games leading up to Oklahoma, but they are all games that we can win. Campbell has gotten the loser mentality out of the players and they are mentally tough. How many years have we lost a bunch of close games or blown a nice lead in the 4th qtr? Those days are hopefully behind us and with the level of talent on the team, it is possible to won them all.

CycloneErik

Jan 31, 2008
Jamerica
rememberingdoria.wordpress.com
Agreed. There will be a lot of tough games leading up to Oklahoma, but they are all games that we can win. Campbell has gotten the loser mentality out of the players and they are mentally tough. How many years have we lost a bunch of close games or blown a nice lead in the 4th qtr? Those days are hopefully behind us and with the level of talent on the team, it is possible to won them all.

Never ask this question. We don't need to revive those memories.

inCyteful

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 28, 2012
Fort Collins, CO
Actually if ISU wins 10 games I'm not sure if I care who the losses are unless it's the last two games of the year and really big things are possible, but even then that would quite a feat.

The only time there's been a legit chance of that was in 2005 and that team wasn't even that good, haha.

If they were to go 11-1 and the one loss was to Iowa, I'd probably not care since it MIGHT shut their fans up with the 'they only care about Iowa' chatter.

I can't help but chuckle whenever someone suggests that something might shut hok fans up.

Reactions: madguy30

Aclone

Dec 14, 2007
Des Moines, Ia.
Yea and WTS, if we somehow went 11-1 I'd rather that loss come to Oklahoma or Texas but NOT Iowa. I don't want our only loss coming to them.
Well then, the only solution is to go 12-0. May as well go with 13-0, then. Don’t get upset by inferior teams, and don’t lose to anyone we hate. Fair enough? :rolleyes:

From my perspective, I’m not sure if the “fear Baylor” folks are overestimating Baylor—or underestimating this Cyclone team. Or a little of both.

I don’t expect to lose the game. If Baylor’s defense is still vulnerable to big plays, we may even break it open. Guess we’ll see.

• Agree
Reactions: flander1649

Cyched

CF Influencer
May 8, 2009
Denver, CO
Well then, the only solution is to go 12-0. May as well go with 13-0, then. Don’t get upset by inferior teams, and don’t lose to anyone we hate. Fair enough? :rolleyes:

From my perspective, I’m not sure if the “fear Baylor” folks are overestimating Baylor—or underestimating this Cyclone team. Or a little of both.

I don’t expect to lose the game. If Baylor’s defense is still vulnerable to big plays, we may even break it open. Guess we’ll see.

Not overestimating or underestimating anyone. Just think that’s our toughest road game after OU.

The game in Ames felt closer than it actually was, but Baylor was moving the ball pretty well in the second half. If Brewer hadn’t gotten tossed we may have been sweating a little more by the end.

FTR, I hope you’re right and we break it open on their home field.

• Friendly
Reactions: Aclone and FLASH

FDCy83

May 15, 2008
7-2 in the conference would be fine and 10-2 overall would be great, especially if we lost to Baylor as one of our losses, because then we would have the head to head tie-breaker over either TU or OU and still be in the championship game. TU was 7-2 in conference last season and made it.

• Creative
Reactions: dang3rous

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011

Part of it might be the culture change where instead of letting one bad thing be the determinant of how the rest of the game goes, ISU has multiple players that want to be the one to make a play.

• Agree
Reactions: Aclone