Yikes

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Miller wasn't completely innocent, but Nardo has to control himself. Luckily we won the toss up matches and it wasn't close. Nardo wrestled a good match against Miller and now it is a DQ and out tomorrow and dual after this also

isit

Feb 9, 2014
rather have fighters than lovers any day...just gotta make sure timing isn't bad and bench is deep.

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
Miller wasn't completely innocent, but Nardo has to control himself. Luckily we won the toss up matches and it wasn't close. Nardo wrestled a good match against Miller and now it is a DQ and out tomorrow and dual after this also

Agreed, wasn't exactly a sucker punch considering Miller had just shoved him in the face. That said, he got what he deserved with the DQ.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
rather have fighters than lovers any day...just gotta make sure timing isn't bad and bench is deep.

Reader and Gadson were intense and didn't back down from anybody. They didn't do crap like that. It might have a place in Iowa City but it shouldn't in Ames.

VeloClone

Jan 19, 2010
Brooklyn Park, MN
Reader and Gadson were intense and didn't back down from anybody. They didn't do crap like that. It might have a place in Iowa City but it shouldn't in Ames.

It was a dumb mistake but I don't fault the kid for losing his cool considering how the other wrestler was behaving. That crap isn't necessary after the whistle. Learn to win with class rather than as an ***.

ISU22CY

Dec 15, 2012
Iowa
I mean if you are going to throw a punch at least do it right :jimlad: Glad it wasn't a full out brawl. Deserves the DQ, a good *** chewing and some stairs. Gotta keep your cool. At the same time nice to see we got a kid that wants to scrap, now just translate that to the mat.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
It was a dumb mistake but I don't fault the kid for losing his cool considering how the other wrestler was behaving. That crap isn't necessary after the whistle. Learn to win with class rather than as an ***.

Yeah. As long as it is a one time incident it isn't the end of the world. I just was saying it shouldn't be an attitude that is encouraged.

Reactions: VeloClone

isit

Feb 9, 2014
Yeah. As long as it is a one time incident it isn't the end of the world. I just was saying it shouldn't be an attitude that is encouraged.

sorry judoka. Not sure i buy it. I'm not saying the punch itself was that smart, but it is EXACTLY the attitude we need to see. Rather have a punch here and there along with attitude than NOT the attitude. We have been lacking fire in the belly consistency for years. Would be nice to have a team stacked with gadsons and readers, unfortunately, we are light years away. I wouldn't mind a little Iowa City here and there.

Judoka

Jun 16, 2010
Timbuktu
sorry judoka. Not sure i buy it. I'm not saying the punch itself was that smart, but it is EXACTLY the attitude we need to see. Rather have a punch here and there along with attitude than NOT the attitude. We have been lacking fire in the belly consistency for years. Would be nice to have a team stacked with gadsons and readers, unfortunately, we are light years away. I wouldn't mind a little Iowa City here and there.

Penn State, Ohio State, Cornell, Oklahoma State, etc... don't need it. Neither do we. The Neanderthals have a team already, it's called Iowa. No need for that to spread to our guys. Guys like Brands and the Iowa fans that support him think that puffing out your chest and acting out after the whistle and when the ref isn't watching makes you a tough guy. I think it makes you look like a fool.

1Nation

May 16, 2013
CA
Who's the wanna be tough guy in the gray sweater walking around with his arms puffed out like he's going to go after nardo

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I'm really kind of surprised that doesn't happen more often given the nature of the sport. Just shows that they really have to punish the kids when they do something stupid like that. Definitely don't need that. You would think that he might have learned after all, isn't this what our 197 pound guy did but just to a dumb frat guy?

CYF5

Dec 15, 2013
Penn State, Ohio State, Cornell, Oklahoma State, etc... don't need it. Neither do we. The Neanderthals have a team already, it's called Iowa. No need for that to spread to our guys. Guys like Brands and the Iowa fans that support him think that puffing out your chest and acting out after the whistle and when the ref isn't watching makes you a tough guy. I think it makes you look like a fool.

I agree, but with that being said I can't stand guys like Miller (or Mike Evans) who push guys in the head\face unnecessarily when cutting them or out of bounds. That is a complete lack of respect that drives me nuts when I see it.

HGoat

Dec 18, 2014
Denver, Colorado
I can't believe we have people on here putting a positive spin on this. It's not the end of the world but I definetley don't view it as a positive. Good God.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
An ISU wrestler throws a punch on the mat and it turns into an indictment on Iowa wrestling. Makes perfect sense.

Last edited:

cyclonenation5

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 12, 2013
Ames
This punch is from the same kid that knocked up the sister of one his teammates and is suppose to be the son of a pastor? Pack his bags and send him back to the streets! If that is what you think you want out of your Cyclones check yourself at the door. Embarrassing!

"He's supposed to be the son of a pastor" what exactly does this mean? Is he no longer the son of a pastor because of this?