YEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Everyone just had to go and make WBB a thing. Now look at it. Ruined as fast as it Arose. JarC this is just embarrassing all around. Everyone should just back away now. Time to move on. Bonfire is over.

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I'll give you best right now but best all time? I think a few players from Tennessee and UCONN would have some issues with that.
On the Bird/Taurasi feed ESPN had going, Geno said exactly that. He was basically asked, “Have you seen a player anything like Clark.” And he said, “Yeah, her name was Diana Taurasi.” People forget (naturally) how good certain players were years ago. Certain players are immune to it like Michael Jordan or Barry Sanders, but most of the time it’s prisoner of the moment.

That being said Clark is right up there, as what she is able to do shooting the basketball is very Steph Curry-esque and cannot be denied.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
On the Bird/Taurasi feed ESPN had going, Geno said exactly that. He was basically asked, “Have you seen a player anything like Clark.” And he said, “Yeah, her name was Diana Taurasi.” People forget (naturally) how good certain players were years ago. Certain players are immune to it like Michael Jordan or Barry Sanders, but most of the time it’s prisoner of the moment.

That being said Clark is right up there, as what she is able to do shooting the basketball is very Steph Curry-esque and cannot be denied.
Some of those UConn teams were so loaded, it was hard to tell how good a player was because they were so good that they didn’t get the stats and never saw the 4th quarter.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

mynameisjonas

Jan 19, 2019

That’s about as high praise as you can get being compared to Diana Taurasi.

• Agree
Reactions: Cyclonesrule91

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
Some of those UConn teams were so loaded, it was hard to tell how good a player was because they were so good that they didn’t get the stats and never saw the 4th quarter.
The one nobody talks about because she was so quiet was Breanna Stewart. As far as overall skills she is right up there with the entire package. She just was so humble and quiet at UConn. But her length and skills were a bit like Kevin Durant where it’s almost unfair to try and guard her.

HFCS

Aug 13, 2010
LA LA Land
Correct. To this day, Diana Taurasi is still the most competitive college hoops player I have ever seen (men or women). She was cut from that Jordan/Kobe mentality.

I'm not a big enough womens basketball fan to know...but I think the way Clark plays with the long shots is about the only thing that can bring in casual fans like seeing a male player throw down highlight dunks. If there has been another womens player who can shoot like her, I have not seen it.

Personally I love passing and the best passers are always my favorite to watch, but it's insane how many people are only vaguely familiar with 2x NBA MVP Jokic who is the best passer I've ever seen (yeah I'm including guys like Magic Johnson).

Flashy dunks and crazy long threes drive casual fans more than passing, defense, grit, or back to the basket post moves.

Reactions: SolterraCyclone

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I'm older but I do think Cheryl Miller is still the GOAT.
Cheryl Miller is right there too. Point is it’s prisoner of the moment to say Clark is the GOAT in women’s college hoops. The women’s game has grown so much in the last decade alone that it’s easier to see these ladies and what they do. And that’s the one thing I do appreciate about Clark is she has made women’s hoops nationally relevant from an entertainment perspective. It’s only going to help the game and sport, so for that she’s fantastic.

• Agree
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

jctisu

Jun 11, 2017
I'm not a big enough womens basketball fan to know...but I think the way Clark plays with the long shots is about the only thing that can bring in casual fans like seeing a male player throw down highlight dunks. If there has been another womens player who can shoot like her, I have not seen it.

Personally I love passing and the best passers are always my favorite to watch, but it's insane how many people are only vaguely familiar with 2x NBA MVP Jokic who is the best passer I've ever seen (yeah I'm including guys like Magic Johnson).

Flashy dunks and crazy long threes drive casual fans more than passing, defense, grit, or back to the basket post moves.
Bingo. In the end, sports is an entertainment product. It’s that simple. With so many things to do and choose from, you need someone who does things never seen before like Clark does in women’s hoops.

But overall GOAT on the actual court and all facets of the game of basketball? Take a ticket because there are several that can make that argument in women’s college history.

CycloneSpinning

Mar 31, 2022
That was an excellent ass kicking.

I love it I love it I love it!!!

That sonic boom you heard was me yelling as LSU hit the dagger 3!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Admittedly I believe this was the first WBB, but I couldn’t pull for LSU. It’s hard to root for black & gold, and it would have been interesting to see how I felt if they ever took the lead, but not a Kim Mulkey fan.