YEEESSSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Yeah, that does look like it was directed at Van Lith. That part of my post was incorrect. Still didn’t chase her around the court as the clock wound down repeatedly taunting her.

That said, I maintain doing disrepectful stuff to your opponents is always poor sportsmanship and should never be celebrated. Holly Rowe’s Twitter comment about the women just being “confident” like the men & we need to allow them to show off in the same way made me a little sad - it’s not “female empowerment” or a good thing to copy the least appealing taunting by male athletes. Celebrate that you’re good and bringing your team success, instead of showing up the other team and implying they’re less of a player than you are.
I agree. I do believe that she should have been T’d, but refs I think thought the game was over and they were trying to avoid lengthening the game. I wonder if these refs had worked other games of CCs where she had done this and/or similar stuff and let it go.

legi

Oct 31, 2008
Maple Grove, MN
Interesting that Van Lith has twice as many IG followers considering how much national publicity Clark has been getting lately. Would’ve never guessed it.

• Haha
Reactions: NoCreativity

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Interesting that Van Lith has twice as many IG followers considering how much national publicity Clark has been getting lately. Would’ve never guessed it.
You think it’s interesting? You think it may also be similar to the Miami twins have 5MM + in followers?

Reactions: legi

Pope

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Feb 7, 2015
Has CC complained or anything about Reese's gesture? I know butthurt Iowa fans have, but has Clark? Posts like these seem to imply that she's not willing to take what she dishes out but as far as I can tell she took it without any kind of reaction, complaint, etc. Correct me if I'm wrong. I also don't ever remember CC doing this gesture in the face of an individual opposing player.
CC did the gesture as she was walking past the Louisville bench, so not to one player in particular, but to several players. As to her reaction when it was done to her, she turned away and wouldn't acknowledge it, which is fine.

My only point is that she dishes it out, and when you dish it out you have to be prepared to take it as well. It was in response to Iowa fans being so upset when trash talking is directed at their #1 trash talker.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
I don’t mind CC and she handled this thing well but go take a look at how Baker Mayfield reacted when ISU planted the flag. Essentially he said, “Hey, if you’re going to give it out, you don’t get to ***** when it’s given back.” That’s the only correct answer. She talks, she flexes, she puts on a show. Getting it back when you get got is part of it. If you don’t like it, play and leave the rest out. Also think about playing a little bit of defense. Not enough people are talking about 102 points

What I don’t really get is there’s a lot more pissed off people about a hand gesture rather than the cheap shots at the end of some earlier games.

• Agree
Reactions: quasistellar

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
You think it’s interesting? You think it may also be similar to the Miami twins have 5MM + in followers?
Adrien Nunez has 4.3. He’s a CBB player who played at Michigan but never saw the court. But yeah, more attractive people are going to have more opportunity in sectors where it’s valuable. It always has been that way and always will be that way.

Gonzo

Mar 10, 2009
Behind you
CC did the gesture as she was walking past the Louisville bench, so not to one player in particular, but to several players. As to her reaction when it was done to her, she turned away and wouldn't acknowledge it, which is fine.

My only point is that she dishes it out, and when you dish it out you have to be prepared to take it as well. It was in response to Iowa fans being so upset when trash talking is directed at their #1 trash talker.
Yep. And by all indications she took it. Agree that Iowa fans whining about it deserve what they get.

• Agree
Reactions: aauummm and fcclone

NoCreativity

Nov 12, 2015
Des Moines
Lol, so what?

I've seen mukbang videos on YouTube with 30 million views, meanwhile a video professionally produced by the Smithsonian Institute have 3,000 views.

Social media priorities.

Tre4ISU

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Dec 30, 2008
Estherville
And where the **** were all these people when Desanto was wrestling? They would have been appalled!