WWE Royal Rumble (2020) Thread

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
RoyalRumbleWWElogo_2017.png

WWE Royal Rumble (2020)

Minute Maid Park, Houston, TX

Sunday, January 26, 2020

WWE Network

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
EJhLQMzW4AAtTQj2.jpg

NXT UK TakeOver: Blackpool II

Empress Ballroom, Blackpool, Lancashire, England

Sunday, January 12, 2020

WWE Network

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
AEW Revolution (their next PPV) doesn't occur until February 29 (how often do you get to say that - once ever 4 years?), so it'll get posted in the Elimination Chamber thread following Royal Rumble.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
At raw. Tonight's raw started at 6 and ended at 8:30, then they immediately started next weeks raw which I guess will go till 11pm.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
So tonight's raw featured a match between asuka and Deanna Purrazzo. "Next weeks raw has a match between Charlotte and a girl named Chelsea Green. Anyone in the know care to inform us on these 2 girls. Never heard of either of them.

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Sitting ringside, new appreciation for Orton. He's got a funny personality.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
So tonight's raw featured a match between asuka and Deanna Purrazzo. "Next weeks raw has a match between Charlotte and a girl named Chelsea Green. Anyone in the know care to inform us on these 2 girls. Never heard of either of them.

Deonna Purrazo and Chelsea Green are a tag team on the NXT house show circuit. Deonna was an indie darling for years before she signed with NXT, and she’s that good in the ring, but, as with all indie darlings, we’ll need to see what she can do on the character side.

Chelsea Green you’ve probably heard of before, you just may not be able to put 2 + 2 together on her. Her first visibility in WWE was as that doctor that Daniel Bryan supposedly had that “affair” with during Daniel’s and Brie’s feud back in 2014. Then she was a midway replacement in the 2015 Tough Enough (where that whole thing came up). Her most notable role was as, if you’ve watched TNA/Impact at all, Laurel Van Ness, where she was Maria Kanellis’ sidekick until she became a jilted bride, after which she turned into a psycho bride who still wore the dress. It was actually really a lot better than I’m making it sound. BTW, she’s also engaged to Zack Ryder.

• Informative
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
Two shows was kind of much. Not much energy out of the crowd in the second one, but as noted above, some uninteresting matches.

I enjoyed it on the whole. Be interesting to re-watch and to see the production of next weeks.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
Deonna Purrazo and Chelsea Green are a tag team on the NXT house show circuit. Deonna was an indie darling for years before she signed with NXT, and she’s that good in the ring, but, as with all indie darlings, we’ll need to see what she can do on the character side.

Chelsea Green you’ve probably heard of before, you just may not be able to put 2 + 2 together on her. Her first visibility in WWE was as that doctor that Daniel Bryan supposedly had that “affair” with during Daniel’s and Brie’s feud back in 2014. Then she was a midway replacement in the 2015 Tough Enough (where that whole thing came up). Her most notable role was as, if you’ve watched TNA/Impact at all, Laurel Van Ness, where she was Maria Kanellis’ sidekick until she became a jilted bride, after which she turned into a psycho bride who still wore the dress. It was actually really a lot better than I’m making it sound. BTW, she’s also engaged to Zack Ryder.

Makes sense that they are a tag team. Both their tron designs were alike.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
Makes sense that they are a tag team. Both their tron designs were alike.

I didn’t get to watch Raw last night, but I did see some of the Asuka-Deonna Purrazo match on social media. Obviously Asuka won, but it was no squash - they gave Deonna her opportunity and she ran with it, and looked really good in doing so. Her swinging flatliner was very nice - and very different from the way Bray Wyatt does it, which was also a nice touch.

CycloneRulzzz

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jul 13, 2008
Nevada, IA
I didn’t get to watch Raw last night, but I did see some of the Asuka-Deonna Purrazo match on social media. Obviously Asuka won, but it was no squash - they gave Deonna her opportunity and she ran with it, and looked really good in doing so. Her swinging flatliner was very nice - and very different from the way Bray Wyatt does it, which was also a nice touch.

When I was talking about squash matches I was talking about next weeks show. Although Chelsea green vs Charlotte was a solid match.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
When I was talking about squash matches I was talking about next weeks show. Although Chelsea green vs Charlotte was a solid match.

Yeah, that’s not what I meant, either. I’m just saying from what i saw on social media they allowed Deonna Purrazo to be a challenge to Asuka, and from what I saw she nailed it. I’m also really glad to hear they allowed Chelsea Green to be a challenge for Charlotte Flair. These two ladies aren’t far from being NXT TV regulars, and probably would already be there if the NXT women’s division didn’t get lit on fire the way it did post Summer Slam.

• Friendly
Reactions: CycloneRulzzz

06_CY

Apr 11, 2006
So what's the end game here? Do they not really have a plan for Lesner (someone that can challenge him now) or will this set up Lesner vs. Someone to end the Rumble (Lesner wins) and a "rematch" title shot at WrestleMania?

michaelrr1

Mar 30, 2006
WDM
Visit site
They really botched the ending of the Mysterio - Andrade match. Ref had to break them up during Andrade's finisher so Rey could sell being distracted after taking out Vega.

jdoggivjc

Sep 27, 2006
Macomb, MI
So what's the end game here? Do they not really have a plan for Lesner (someone that can challenge him now) or will this set up Lesner vs. Someone to end the Rumble (Lesner wins) and a "rematch" title shot at WrestleMania?

The rumor is Lesnar's involvement will set up his WM opponent - as in, Lesnar ain't winning, and something will happen during the match that will send us down that road.

By the way, make the world a better place, punch MJF in the face.