Worst Fruit?

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
Most all of them. Except peas. Peas can go **** themselves. Not crazy about raw celery either. But seriously I don't think I've found any other vegetables that I refuse to eat prepared any way.

Would peas be fruit? Or are they a legume? HHHmmmm... now I don't know what they are. Beans are a legume. Peas are similar, but I'm not certain.

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
For me the problem with raw celery is the texture. All those stringy bits just freak me out. I'm fine with it chopped up and cooked in something.
Worst is when a string gets stuck in your throat. Almost gagging, hacking, doing whatever you can to get it either up or down.

besserheimerphat

Apr 11, 2006
Mount Vernon, WA
Would peas be fruit? Or are they a legume? HHHmmmm... now I don't know what they are. Beans are a legume. Peas are similar, but I'm not certain.
I think you're right, I was just looking up squash (which I don't like, and is a fruit). From what I could tell, pea pods are a fruit but the peas themselves are a legume. According to botany, a fruit is the part of a plant that surrounds and delivers the seed. There is no botanical definition of a vegetable, they're just different parts of plants - stems, leaves, roots.

cycloner29

Dec 17, 2008
Ames
All this fruit hate. I'm just here for the love of the banana.

tenor.gif

I've had like three bananas the the last 50 years. Banana bread is fine, but to peel and eat a raw banana, nope ain't gonna happen. I have to be in a serious potassium deficiency to eat one and then I can barely eat a half a one even plugging my nose so I don't have to smell it. I don't know if it is the texture, or smell but they make me want to throw up! (insert vomit emoji!!)

BMWallace

SuperFanatic
Sep 11, 2011
Chicago, IL
This is true. Has anyone eaten a pumpkin not turned into some sort of desert? That's maybe a sign that it just doesn't stand up on its own as a good fruit.
Thats a good point. Anything that has pumpkin in it also has a ton of cinnamon and nutmeg. Hell, pumpkin spice doesn't even have any actual pumpkin in it!

cyclonespiker33

SuperFanatic
Jan 19, 2011
Worst is when a string gets stuck in your throat. Almost gagging, hacking, doing whatever you can to get it either up or down.
I eat two stalks of celery every week (with hummus and PB) and this never happens to me. Maybe you need to learn how to swallow better.

• Wow
Reactions: BCClone