Worst Fruit?

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
Cantaloupe, or musk melon, is great by itself. Add a little salt to each bite. The problem is when people mix it with that green honeydew ********. Honeydew ruins everything.

Honeydew? More like honey DON'T! Ammmiright? And what's the deal with airline food?

SpokaneCY

Apr 11, 2006
Spokane, WA
You're doing something wrong. Pears are usually good from the time they're rock hard until they get softer and juicier like a week to 10 days later. It just depends how you like them.

I feel a penis joke is in there somewhere - trying to poke it's little head out...

Acylum

Nov 18, 2006
Cotton Candy grapes are delicious
They're also the most expensive table grape by like double. Not sure they're worth it. But people do go nuts over them I admit.

MeanDean

SuperFanatic
Jan 5, 2009
Blue Grass IA-Jensen Beach FL
Guava. Mainly because I don't think I've ever had it. Kiwi fruit is kind of a nothing.

A nice ripe pear is delicious. As is a nice ripe cantaloupe.

Papaya when ripened nicely is great too. Although I will admit it can have a bit of a metallic aftertaste.

I agree that 90% of the time Honey Dew melon is tasteless. However several years ago I ran across a similar melon from the Caribbean (at a market in Florida) called a Golden Honey Dew. OMG, wonderfully sweet and flavorful!

dualthreat

Oct 8, 2008
This thread needs more pictures

Does anyone have any pictures of some nice big melons?

bos

Legend
Staff member
Apr 10, 2006
They're also the most expensive table grape by like double. Not sure they're worth it. But people do go nuts over them I admit.

that is true. But they are dang good as an every now and then treat.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
In Iowa the Muscatine melons are good but the Sugar Kiss melons in Texas are amazing
When I was in high school, we would drive a couple of miles to the "island", park on the shoulder, and steal a cantaloupe or two and a watermelon,

Fruit nirvana, semi-solid sweetness.

Very little of that remains today. Easier to plant and harvest corn. So sad.

MuskieCy

Nov 4, 2006
This thread needs more pictures

Does anyone have any pictures of some nice big melons?
everybody-loves-melons-5741589.png

BCClone

Well Seen Member.
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Sep 4, 2011
Not exactly sure.
When I was in high school, we would drive a couple of miles to the "island", park on the shoulder, and steal a cantaloupe or two and a watermelon,

Fruit nirvana, semi-solid sweetness.

Very little of that remains today. Easier to plant and harvest corn. So sad.

Or they went broke from HSers stealing stuff.........

cstrunk

Mar 21, 2006
Longview, TX
Are coconuts fruit? Because those ******* suck. Supremely overrated.

I'm not looking it up but thank you that is #1 on my list. Followed by pears (hated them in canned fruit cocktail as a kid... ruined such a good thing) and cantaloupe isn't very good either but I don't hate it.