WORLD TEAM MEMBER - Austin Gomez

crablegs

Mar 28, 2016
FRL reported this morning that Austin won’t be going to worlds. Anyone know why?

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Injury, nothing major, but doesn’t want to risk season. That is what I heard

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
That's unfortunate. He is excellent at freestyle and had a legit chance at Gold. Foca also out on ISU - not breaking news or a surprise there.

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
I'm on the train that it definitely takes time. It'll be 2 or 3 years to get some real momentum. However, MN has some serious athletes in their club. Just added Kulchytskyy and Pfarr to an already Ness x2, Nelson, Sanders, Zillmer, and DeShazer. Lot of Minnesota home grown, but that is a lot of athletes to fund compared to the C-RTC Durbin and Gadson. Instead of adding athletes in the last year - they have only subtracted. And subtracted a coach. Ready for the wheel to move forward rather than backwards.

• Agree
Reactions: SimpsonCyclone

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
Part of the issue is many RTC athletes and coaches sign contracts. Most are signed this year already. That is a big issue for landing anyone this late. Sure Zadick money might go to St John and Metcalf and free up CRTC money, but Dresser will not hire a guy just for a 1 year job and have to let him go for a better candidate next year.

I was told that it might be more likely that Gadson and Nate Carr Sr move up for a year before just hiring someone to fill the spot.

Reactions: Scott34

CyCloneRastlinG

Oct 15, 2017
Iowa
Part of the issue is many RTC athletes and coaches sign contracts. Most are signed this year already. That is a big issue for landing anyone this late. Sure Zadick money might go to St John and Metcalf and free up CRTC money, but Dresser will not hire a guy just for a 1 year job and have to let him go for a better candidate next year.

I was told that it might be more likely that Gadson and Nate Carr Sr move up for a year before just hiring someone to fill the spot.
These 2 guys were just signed. There are guys out there. Yes they are far and few between, but Nazar would have been a great addition.

buf87

Dec 15, 2010
Iowa
These 2 guys were just signed. There are guys out there. Yes they are far and few between, but Nazar would have been a great addition.

You are right that they may have just been signed, but that doesn't mean that it wasn't a done deal a while ago or that they weren't the right fit for our staff.

I do not know the details of the search, but the staff isn't going to fill the spot just to fill it. I can guarantee that. Gadson or Carr Sr will temporarily fill the spot before that happens

Help Support Us

Become a patron