PODCAST: Williams & Blum: The Ice Age Cometh?

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
Chris, if I listen, will it just make me really sad?

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Don't miss this one. It is great because of the glimpse-in-time that it provides. And because of its rawness about what it means to be a Cyclone fan and a member of the CycloneFanatic.com community.

Action steps coming out of the podcast:

1. Don't be a ****. This is a time for Cyclone fans to bond together, regardless of whether we like what is going on or what we think of what someone else posts, especially @ChrisMWilliams @brentblum. These guys put it all out there to help us with our processing. Any criticism needs to be lavished with gratitude for what these guys do for us.

2. Post on CF.com. Posting on other sites like Twitter does nothing to help this site. Now is the time to follow their advice and post on CycloneFanatic.com.

3. Rate the podcasts. For a long time, I've heard them talk about "rating" podcasts, but I don't know how to do that (I listen right from this site). Please reply and help us support-minded fans with limited social media know-how to make our support count in the real-world of doing business on the internet.

jl112481

Jul 25, 2007
Franklin, WI
Great Podcast, as usual.

Action steps for Chris coming out of this podcast:
- Make sure you record the tutorial in smoking and BBQing IOWA PORK that you are planning to do in your driveway. I would love to see a real Smoke Master at work. Use it as an advertising opportunity for IOWA PORK and an opportunity to increase your site traffic. We may not have tailgating this year in the traditional sense, but why not use the free time this fall to brush up on my BBQ skills for next year.

Seriously, this needs to be a thing.

• Agree
Reactions: ScottyP

ChrisMWilliams

Publisher
Staff member
Bookie
Apr 10, 2006
Bondurant, Iowa
www.CycloneFanatic.com
Great Podcast, as usual.

Action steps for Chris coming out of this podcast:
- Make sure you record the tutorial in smoking and BBQing IOWA PORK that you are planning to do in your driveway. I would love to see a real Smoke Master at work. Use it as an advertising opportunity for IOWA PORK and an opportunity to increase your site traffic. We may not have tailgating this year in the traditional sense, but why not use the free time this fall to brush up on my BBQ skills for next year.

Seriously, this needs to be a thing.

Already planning on all of this. In the works!

erinmd32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2015
Maybe this is simple thinking on my part but why can't we bail out these athletic departments....we bail everything else out?

• Dislike
Reactions: yowza

erinmd32

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 23, 2015
Podcast ideas for this fall......Similar to The Rewatchables on The Ringer but with classic Iowa State Football and basketball games. Would be a lot of fun.

Reactions: ZZZ and brentblum

yowza

Jun 2, 2016
Kids, just think how glorious 2021 could be. Say it is an 8 game spring schedule and an 8 game fall schedule. 16 glorious games to watch in one year. Have to look forward.

Gunnerclone

Jul 16, 2010
DSM
Kids, just think how glorious 2021 could be. Say it is an 8 game spring schedule and an 8 game fall schedule. 16 glorious games to watch in one year. Have to look forward.

I fear for Fall of 2021 at this point. (And for no other reason than the virus).

madguy30

Nov 15, 2011
Podcast ideas for this fall......Similar to The Rewatchables on The Ringer but with classic Iowa State Football and basketball games. Would be a lot of fun.

Can we make it a rule that there's no losses included in this?

Cyclones.TV used to show losses including a few of those games where a big lead was blown in football. That was 'classic' ISU but there's gotta be enough good wins in there doesn't it?

heitclone

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 21, 2009
Way up there

It's definitely optimistic but a spring with CFB, March Madness, NBA playoffs and MLB is the silver lining I'm clinging to.

Reactions: kilroy

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
Good podcast. You can't go through life worrying about some small "what if".

If only most doctors would just go with "the science". The world would be a better place.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
And their is at least decent evidence that the Rona is the fault of scientists. So maybe we should be anti-science.:eek:

Please leave these sorts of comments for other threads. Can we have at least one place on this site where we can just talk about the specific news related to the postponement of the season.

Bigman38

SuperFanatic
Jul 27, 2010
Council Bluffs, IA
Hopefully they can get creative enough to have something this Spring. But hearing those challenges laid out is not inspiring.

Cycsk

Year-round tailgater
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 17, 2009
Bump for a really good podcast that will help prepare you for the non-weather related tragedies of the week.

JM4CY

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Aug 23, 2012
America
I'm hopeful it will be therapeutic. It was for me. We were very raw.
Thoroughly enjoyed the pod. You are awesome and I really appreciate your take on everything. This sucks balls and people are jackasses. However, we’re gonna beat this thing one way or another. I appreciate this site and you produce for it.

Reactions: Cycsk

simply1

Rec Center HOF
SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Jun 10, 2009
Pdx
Good listen, time to innovate for a lot of us.