Will McDonald NFL Draft Prospect

4theCYcle

Jul 14, 2013
Urbandale, IA
Was hoping he'd be projected higher, as even last year I think preseason they had NFL draft hype on him, but maybe that was just a few select guys mocks and that was all it amounted to. Wish ISU would break that 1st round drought.

cycfan1

Nov 27, 2006
Ames
Whats with Tyree Wilson from Tech.
Seeing him top 5 on draft boards.

Obviously McDonald and Felix from KState have had much more recognition in Big 12 in regards to all defense and stats.

Measurables just that much better?

• Agree
Reactions: cyfan21

Cloned4Life

SuperFanatic
SuperFanatic T2
Mar 5, 2006
Ankeny
Will definitely helped himself this season by showing that he was effective against the run.

It is too bad he wasn't able to put on weight though. I wish I had that problem.
Agree. Just really kinda unreal he wasn’t able to put on weight. The obvious and annoying comparison is Iowa - he’d be 270lbs and somehow faster!

MyNameEhJeff

Apr 2, 2021
21 Jump Street
Whats with Tyree Wilson from Tech.
Seeing him top 5 on draft boards.

Obviously McDonald and Felix from KState have had much more recognition in Big 12 in regards to all defense and stats.

Measurables just that much better?
He had a great year last year and has the body of an NFL DE right now. McDonald is seen as pretty thin for an NFL DE and could be projected as a LB, but may not be fast enough, and there’s some questions/hesitations about his skill set as a DE.

I think once pro day and the combine (if he gets an invite) come around, his stock could rise. Dudes a freak athlete and has intangibles you can’t teach.

Reactions: Cfinnerty16

Die4Cy

Jan 2, 2010
Will will be a steal in the draft just like Purdy was. He probably should have gone out last year, with the guys lost of the defensive line he wasn't as effective this season.

Hammerschlagen

Feb 23, 2022
his stock will continue to rise from now until April. he will add some weight and test really well. have they sent out combine invites yet? He could REALLY show out there. I see a legitimate shot at 1st round if the guy showed up at the combine over 250 lbs

jcyclonee

Apr 12, 2006
Minneapolis
Sadly I bet he doesnt even get drafted. Hes going to end up like Mike Rose. Shocked that guy isnt on a roster.
He'll get drafted. He's a freak of an athlete that somebody will say could be the next Kahlil Mack. The other side is that somebody will say that he is undersized, could underwhelm and be the next Mike Mamula. Mike Mamula carved out a decent little career but never met the expectations based upon his combine measurables. He would have been a great 3rd round pick. This is probably only interesting to me but Mike Mamula was a vendor of mine at a previous job after his NFL career.

AuH2O

Sep 7, 2013
He'll get drafted. He's a freak of an athlete that somebody will say could be the next Kahlil Mack. The other side is that somebody will say that he is undersized, could underwhelm and be the next Mike Mamula. Mike Mamula carved out a decent little career but never met the expectations based upon his combine measurables. He would have been a great 3rd round pick. This is probably only interesting to me but Mike Mamula was a vendor of mine at a previous job after his NFL career.
Mike Mamula is one of the all-time combine/draft legends. He's been adding grains of salt to combine results for like 25 years.

Reactions: jcyclonee