Wild UCLA Story

• After Iowa State won the Big 12, a Cyclone made a wonderful offer to We Will that now increases our match. Now all gifts up to $400,000 between now and the Final 4 will be matched. Please consider giving at We Will Collective.
    This notice can be dismissed using the upper right corner X button.

ArgentCy

Jan 13, 2010
I'm betting they claim it was a cultural misunderstanding or some such nonsense.

Yes, they haven't figured out yet that Chinese business don't really believe the customer is always right. Especially when stealing their stuff.

• Funny
Reactions: coolerifyoudid

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
LiAngelo Ball probably can't afford Big Baller shoes so he has to lift some other shoes.

Not to get off topic but does anyone else love the irony of Steve Alford having to deal with that family. Ego vs Super-Ego

If I was Alford, kicking LiAngelo off the team would seem like a good solution to being done with Lavar. He already benefited from the best of the bunch. LaMelo most likely won't even be eligible for college, by his father's design, so I'd just save myself the headache.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
If I was Alford, kicking LiAngelo off the team would seem like a good solution to being done with Lavar. He already benefited from the best of the bunch. LaMelo most likely won't even be eligible for college, by his father's design, so I'd just save myself the headache.
The problem is you'd probably have to kick Riley & Hill off the team as well and I'd highly doubt he'd be willing to get rid of all three just to not deal with Lavar.

CyJack13

May 21, 2010
The problem is you'd probably have to kick Riley & Hill off the team as well and I'd highly doubt he'd be willing to get rid of all three just to not deal with Lavar.

Suspend all of them indefinitely...wait for Lavar's outburst, reinstate the other two, and Lavar will probably take care of the rest.

baagoe

Mar 27, 2015
Suspend all of them indefinitely...wait for Lavar's outburst, reinstate the other two, and Lavar will probably take care of the rest.
Honestly I'm not even sure Lavar will be as vocal & over-involved with Liangelo as he was/is with Lonzo & Lamelo. I think he realizes that Liangelo isn't as good & doesn't have the talent that could justify a lot of Lavar's actions with Lonzo.

NWICY

Sep 2, 2012
Wouldn't do any harm to let them sit for a while over there. It would be good to teach them that actions have consequences. Get them out after April 2018 :)

• Agree
Reactions: riceville98

jbhtexas

Oct 20, 2006
Arlington, TX
http://pac-12.com/article/2016/11/1...t-alibaba-group-support-basketball-game-china

We are thrilled to extend our partnership with Alibaba Group around the Pac-12 China Game,” said Pac-12 Commissioner Larry Scott. “Alibaba has proven to be a tremendous partner as we’ve grown our activities in China, and we look forward to even more collaboration as we continue to provide our student-athletes with valuable educational and cultural experiences.”

I think perhaps these guys were reading a little bit more into Larry's mandate than he was intending...

• Funny
Reactions: coolerifyoudid